Chapter 1 :: In The Past

Chapter 1 :: My Life

 Earth.

That's not where humans are anymore. They now live in space on a thing called the Ark.

It's been 97 years since the nuclear war and many people died. But fortunately we had survivors and we made our way to space.

I'm Emily Grace Griffin. I'm 16 years old and if you think I'm related to Clarke Griffin daughter of the doctor and technologist. Then 100 points for you. Ever since I was born I was kept in a cell Alison known as my room. I never got to leave. But every year on my birthday my mom dad and sister got to visit me for one hour.

I have a guard that's name is Brandon. He is very old but he took care of me since the day I was born. The law is every couple get one child if you have more then the parents are floated and the children will be reviewed and then if denied they will also be floated. My parents weren't floated only because we were twins and they are two of the best workers the Ark has ever had.

They have stupid law. Our chancellor is a man named Jaha. He has a son my age named Wells.

Brandon is a father/grandfather like person. He cares more for his family (me) more than himself. He taught me how to talk and walk. Read and Write. He also taught me to do humanist stuff. Finally I was taught how to climb, not real fast but it counts for something. Right?