𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2

Start from the beginning

Great.

Class precedes as normal but every once in a while I can feel Billy's eyes on me. I act like I don't notice.

The bell rings and I gather all my stuff and walk out of the class room as fast as possible to meet Steve at our lockers to walk to our next class together.

I get to my locker and open it to replace my book with a new one. I feel a presence and I expect it to be Steve but when I look over I don't see Steve's famous hair, I see long curly hair. Billy.

"Hey y/n, right." He says look at me. " yeah and your billy." I say back to him.

" yep that's me." He says with a goofy grin. " just wanted to know if you heard about the Halloween party happening tomorrow and I was hoping I would see you there." He says.

A Halloween party? I'm not much into party's and drinking. It's just not my thing. " umm well I probably will have to babysit tomorrow. So I'm probably won't go." I say which wasn't a complete lie since I probably will be babysitting.

"Well if you change your mind, you should come" he says winking and leaving. Behind him I see Steve looking confused at what he just witnessed.

" what was that all about?" He ask me once he approached me. " He was telling me about a halloween party happening tomorrow." I answer him. "And what did you say." He Pried more information out of me.

"I told him I would probably be babysitting."

"Seriously y/n your babysitting tomorrow. You babysit almost everyday. How about you come with me and Nancy. I'm sure Byers can watch the kids. You need to live a little. This is our last year of high school."

"I don't know Steve, the kids would be pretty mad. They wanted me to help take pictures of them in there costumes." I say trying to make excuses. I don't get why people like party's. The loud music, teenagers drunk out of there minds, couples making out, people grinding to the music. I just don't know.

"Come on y/n one night. Plus Jonathan can probably take way better pictures than you." He pleads.

"Ugh fine, but if the kids kill me I will make sure my spirt haunts you." I say.

We walk to our next class.

Lunch rolls around and me, Steve, Nancy and Jonathan sit at a table outside. I take out the chips I packed and start snacking on them Steve occasionally snatching a few.

"Steve take one more and I swear I will kick your ass." I say after Steve has taken almost half the bag.

" but there good." He says.

" yeah and there mine, next time bring your on." I say. I soon get to eat my chips in peace. I look around the courtyard and see billy in the corner lighting a cigarette and smoking it. I can not stand smoking either.

I catch myself staring. I snap out of it when I hear Steve mention my name.

" really y/n at a party." Jonathan says laughing. I look at him. " yeah I know this one gave me the speech about how I need to live a little and how it's our senior year and I need to experience things." I say gesturing towards Steve.

I look back over at billy and notice that he had put out his cigarette and was look this direction. I looked away. I need to stop thinking about him.

"What's so good about him anyways?" Steve asks me.

"What?" I say making sure I heard him right.

"Billy. Like literally all the girls are drooling over him and the Guys all think he's great at basketball. He's not even that good." He says

"Let me guys he beat you at basketball." I say smiling.

"Yeah because he clearly cheated."

"Is someone jealous because there's someone else here to take all the girls and your spot on the basketball team?" I tease.

"Shut up. I don't need any girls because I have Nancy." He said smiling at her and giving her a kiss on the cheek. She gave a small awkward smile.

Lunch end and we we attend the rest of our classes. Once the last bell rings I head to my locker and meet Steve.

We put our stuff up. I heard a small static sound coming from my back pack it must be my walkie talkie that I was gifted from the kids when they allowed me to be in there party.

I walk outside before I answer it.

"y/n!!" A voice sounding like Lucas.

"Yes Lucas." I say finally answering to stop the boy from screaming my name again.

"Meet me and Dustin at the arcade now!" He says

"What's going on? Is something wrong."

"Not really but there's this girl....." he says

"Awwww y'all like a girl!" I say smiling.

"Shut up and just get here."

"Ok I'm on my way"

Second chapter. Hope your enjoying it even though I think its pretty much trash. Low confidence check!! ✌️😙✌️