𝓒𝓾𝓽𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓹𝓵𝓮

Jackie's POV

*RINGGGGGG*

"So Jackie, What are you doing after school?" I looked up from packing my bag. Benny was staring back at me. 

"Probably gonna Stay at Wendy's house, Why?" I was confused as to why he asked.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and maybe play ball with my friends?"

"Oh uh Sure, but I can tell your friends don't exactly think girls can play,"

He chuckled, "Don't worry they're cool, they seem mean at first but they'll come around." 

"Hmmm sure, cool if i bring Wendy? She is my ride back to her house." 

"Not sure Squints could handle her being there but sure."

Everyone left the classroom By now, it was just us. We stayed in because of Detention. We weren't allowed to speak. We had to "think about what we did". I thought that the teacher was supposed to be cool. 

"You kids can go! Just make sure that the mess doesn't happen again!" He yelled as we were heading out the door. 

"Meet me at the Sandlot in front of Mr Mertles house after school," Benny said as we were standing at the door.

"Yeah sure, want me to bring a glove or bat?" 

"Nah, you can use mine if you want," I nodded.

"Bye Benny," I whispered while waving at hijm.

"U-uh Bye Jackie," He blushed at me. 

I turned the corner to walk to the Cafeteria when i felt a tug on my arm, I saw Wendy looking down at me with a smirk.

"Ooooooo What was that over there with lover boy?" she giggled.

"It was nothing, he was just inviting us to hang out after school," I laughed.

"Oh we are definitely going, i don't care if its baseball, It is only one step closer to a relationship." I rolled my eyes at her fantasy. She has got to get over this.

Benny's POV

I waited til she walked around the corner. Once she was out of sight.

"Yes! Alright!" I cheered because i get to hang out with Jackie. The guys won't like that there are gonna be girls playing but once they see Wendy, they will shut up. I started pacing to the cafeteria, when i got in i saw the guys at our normal table. I walked over to them.

"Hey Benny man! have fun in Chemistry?" DeNunez and Ham smirked. No they didn't.

"Yeah actually I did," I couldn't stop thinking of Jackie. She was utterly amazing.

"Yeah Yeah you did! We saw you and Jackie in Chemistry! You were swooning over her! Ooooh Jackie Michaels, you are my one true love!" Yeah-Yeah cheered with his hand over his heart, he was mocking me. I stuffed a donut in his mouth to shut him up. 

"Shut up ALAN! Besides How did all of you see me in Chemistry?" I pointed at them. 

"Ham and Kenny saw you! And obviously they are gonna tell us!" Bertram exclaimed. I swear these guys are gonna kill me one day.

"Look we are just partners for Chemistry, and um I invited her and her friend to come with us to the Sandlot after school," Here it comes.

"Cool we get to impress the ladies with our sweet skills and muscles," Ham said kissing his arms while flexing. I don't think they understood that i invited Jackie to play not watch. Whatever.

"Whatever guys, let's just eat alright!"  

*SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL* 

Jackie's POV

Wendy and I were walking over to the Sandlot where Benny said to meet. Thank god school is over.

"Come on Jackie! Admit it! You came here for Benny and not JUST to play ball!" Wendy is gonna be the death of me, I swear.

"Wendy! We are not here JUST for Benny, we came here cause i wanted to play and be a good friend," I lied. I kinda did just come here for Benny but if I admitted that to Wendy, she'll kill me.

*CRACK*

We heard as we were getting closer to the sandlot. We heard yells. We got to the fence behind the dugout they had. This field was pretty cool. I gripped my hands on the fence. i don't think they noticed we were there. 

DeNunez was about to pitch another practice throw when i saw a kid behind the bushes, he was getting too close to Mr. Mertles yard. 

*CRACK*

The ball went high in the air. 

"Watch out!" Porter yelled taking off his gear.

The Boys all looked at the kid in the distance. The ball fell and hit the kid making him scream. Everyone started laughing when i noticed Benny standing there, not laughing and scratching his neck and frowning at the boys. The kid ran off. Benny noticed Wendy and I were there. He looked down. He ran over.

"Hey Jack, Wendy," He blushed. He is so cute. All the boys noticed that Benny left and their jaws dropped when they saw me and Wendy. 

"Hey Benny, You know the kid who ran off?" I questioned.

"No but i know he moved here, I saw him and his family moved in on Wednesday."

"You should include him in the game, least you could do," I smiled at him. 

"I-I mean sure I wouldn't mind him playing," My heart fluttered. He was being so nice.

"Great, Come on let's go play," I said while grabbing his hand and dragging him to the dugout along with Wendy.

I could sense he tensed up cause his hand was squeezing mine. 

"Y-you can bat first," he stuttered out. 

"Why is there a girl here?" I heard from the outfield.

I haven't really paid attention to this book as much as the other. But neither has anyone else. I thought I could help out by making another chapter. If this book is a flop, I'll give up and delete it and focus on the Luis Mendoza one.

Enjoy if you can.