"-I want to take one of the girls with me back to Stitch Manor and raise her to be a proper lady who will one day inherit my fortune. I trust that you will provide me with one of your daughters today."

That was Aunt Stitch. She can't take one of the girls away, that's just horrid and cruel. If one of the girls left with Aunt Stitch, the house wouldn't be the same. I couldn't imagine the children without one of their sisters, it would just make their behaviour deteriorate and all of Nanny's and Cedric's work would be a huge waste. I knew what I had to do. 

"Chrissy, we need to tell everyone what Aunt Stitch said," I whispered to her.

Chrissy nods. She turns around to take off but bumps her knee on the wall. Through the crack in the door, I see Cedric and Lady Stitch turn toward the door. I cringe, this wasn't supposed to happen. 

I take a deep breath and enter the room with Chrissy, trying not to act like we weren't just eavesdropping, more like conveniently walking in on the conversation. 

"Ah, Y/N, Chrissy, brilliant timing, can you please tell the children to come inside, we will be having tea now."

"Wait!" Lady Stitch screeches, gripping Chrissy's arm, "I want this one to accompany me to the Manor."

"W-what, no, Aunt Stitch, you can't just take Chrissy!" says Cedric, his voice cracking. 

"Of course, I can! I've made my decision and that is final, Cedric."

"No, wait, Great Aunt Stitch!" I shout, attracting all the attention. I know what I need to do. It would be the best for the children, it wouldn't separate them, it would be the right thing to do if I left instead.

"Take me instead of Chrissy. It would be an honour to be your daughter and heir. Besides, you wouldn't want to split up such a happy family like them," I curtsy and bow my head. Chrissy gasps and Lady Stitch lets go of her arm. Cedric looks pale as a sheet, still suffering from the shock of the possibility that Aunt Stitch would take Chrissy away. 

"Very well, go pack your things, child. We are leaving, Cedric." Aunt Stitch demands, walking out of the room with her nose turned up.

"What, no! You can't do that!" shouts Chrissy, struggling to escape her father's grip.

I obediently follow without a word, Cedric and Chrissy staring after me. Evangeline walks in with tea and small cakes on a silver tray, setting it down on the table. Lady Stitch strides past her, ignoring her presence.

"What's going on, Cedric?" I hear her ask. I hear no reply as I go up the stairs to gather the bare necessities from the shared bedroom. I find an empty suitcase and fold my clothes into the bag. I look around the bedroom one last time. I had only been here for a short while but I feel like I've been here for so long. I'm really about to leave the only friends I've ever had. 

I thought about leaving them something so they could remember me. I look down at my wrist and saw my bracelet catching the light of the sun.

______Very Smol Time Skip______

I descend the stairs quickly and make for the carriage. The footman opens the door, taking my bag and I sit opposite Lady Stitch. 

"Sit up, girl, you'll develop terrible posture," said Lady Stitch. I comply sitting with my back against the wall of the carriage, "What's your name?"

"My name is Y/N, Lady Stitch."

"A lovely name for my child, I must say."

"Thank you."

Suddenly, I hear screaming coming from behind the carriage. I turn around in my seat to look out the window, the sight making me regret every decision. 

There was Simon, chasing after the carriage as we rode down the dirt path. Our eyes lock through the window and I see his tears. Cedric caught up to him, wrapping his arms around his son. Simon writhed and wriggled to try and escape his father's hold, but failed. 

"No, they can't take her away, they just can't! Dad, let me go! Y/N!"

Simon kicks Cedric's knee, causing him to fall and letting him go. As we go around the bend, he sprints toward us, thrusting out his hand as if it would extend and save me from the captivity of the carriage. A sparkle catches the sunlight and I realise what it is. He's wearing my bracelet on his wrist. I smile sadly as I wave to him, finally losing sight of him.

I have finally finished this chapter, yay! You lovely people can now get the content you have waited for for so long. Thank you for putting up with me and waiting this long, I honestly didn't think I would enjoy writing this or make the book go on for so long. 

To be honest, I wanted to cry writing the ending, I hope you liked it. I will put in Simon's POV of what happened in the next chapter so you know what exactly I did with the bracelet tehehe

Have a nice day, love you and thank you again for the support!

- Ally <3