Chapter 29

[Jack's POV]

I got more and more excited as every mile ticked by.

"We just need to get there already!" I groaned, smacking Hiccup's shoulder. He smiled and nodded.

"Hang in there man, we're getting closer to her, I can feel it." Hiccup said, clasping a hand on my shoulder as I put my head in my hands.

I imagined Elsa laying there, blood seeping from her wounds, ice crumbling from the walls, her braid everywhere, tears frozen to her face, cowering in fear from someone with a whip in front of her. I growled in protest.

"Jack! Snap out of it! You started freezing the seats!" Kristoff yelped. I jumped and unfroze it quickly.

"Thanks..." Merida quietly said, laying her head back.

"There's your stop, sir." The taxi driver said, turning around after parking. I nodded and Punzie handed him the money as we got out.

The taxi squealed out of sight and we looked up at the house.

It was painted gray, some of the windows were cracked and tainted red... Oh crap. The shudders were broken, vines crawled up to the roof that had shingles missing, and the front door had a huge slash on it.

We slowly crept up the steps and I stood at the door.

"Should we knock?" I asked, turning to the gang. They shrugged and glanced between each other.

"Sure." Hiccup said after a minute of silence.

I raised my hand and knocked probably harder than I should.

The door cracked open and a lady with pale skin, brown eyes, and black frizzy hair poked out.

"Who are you?" She asked gruffly. I cleared my throat.

"Are you part of the Black family?" I asked. The lady shook her head and nervously glanced at me and the gang. Her face hardened when I wouldn't stop glaring at her.

"Alright, what if I was?" The woman grinned. I clenched my teeth.

"Alright then, you should know about the kidnapping of Elsa Arendelle then." I snapped. The lady grinned even wider.

"Yes, what if I did?" The lady sneered. I banged my hand on the door.

"Can we come in then?" I growled, coming face-to-face with the woman. She smiled, showing her yellow crooked teeth.

"No." She answered, about to slam the door. I poked my foot inside to stop the door.

"Oh really now? That was more of a command than a question." I said, opening the door wider. The lady frowned and her face soon twisted into a scowl.

"You can't come in!" She shrieked, kicking my leg. I howled in pain. I think she broke it!

"Hey!" Flynn yelled, jumping over me, who was now on the floor, and tackled the woman while the others rushed inside.

"Thanks Flynn." I coughed, trying to get up.

"No problem buddy," He said, letting me wrap my arm around his shoulder as they led me inside.

"So, where should we look?" Hiccup asked, looking back at the unconscious lady slumped against the wall by the door.

"Upstairs is my best guess." Anna said, walking up the stairs that creaked.

We followed Anna and checked every room in the house after we didn't find her upstairs.

"Where could she be?" I asked running a hand through my hair.