11- didn't you calm my fears with a chesire cat smile

Start from the beginning

Harry sighed when he saw that she was turned away from him, leaning against the window. "I know what you're thinking. I know the media's a bitch that likes to twist things and spread lies and ruin lives. But, you shouldn't let the media dictate your every action because that's going to haunt you for the rest of your life. They'll win that way. And please don't let them win right now. They won years ago when they tore our friendship apart. Don't let them do it again." When he finished, Taylor turned back around to see his softened face. The two fell in a moment of silence as Taylor let his words speak through her. 

In defeat, she nodded. "Every irrational decision I have ever made in the past few days is all because of you. This better be worthwhile." Harry's translucent frown transformed into a very visible grin at her reluctant acceptance.

"It will be," He promised.

-

"Do you remember the last time we were here?" Taylor asked as the pair began to stroll through the white quicksands of Central Park. Every step was a huge struggle since the snow probably stretched some feet deep.

"9 years ago," Harry answered, struggling to pull a leg that had sunk too deep in the snow.

"Has it really been 9 years?" Taylor thought aloud, shifting her gaze to Harry, who was still struggling. She laughed at his situation, putting a palm against her lips to stiffen the sound. "This is why I said coming here was a dumb idea." 

"Yeah, well..."Harry muttered, "I'm fine." He had succeeded in freeing his leg from the wrath of the snow. 

"Coming here feels so different now... so empty..." Taylor observed.

"That's because we're the only ones here, love."

The park was now a gloomy site. Everything about it felt so desolate,  yet so calm. The realization struck Taylor in a pronounced sort of way. It baffled her how a place that was usually so chaotic and full of energy, was stripped down to bare nakedness. This place had been especially cruel to her. 

"Look it's the ice skating rink, Tay," Harry broke her out of her thoughts once again. She followed his gaze to the distant rink that sat atop a small hill.

Taylor shook her head. "There's no supervision, how do you suppose we're going to have access to it?" She questioned him. Harry simply ignored her, "follow me." Taylor was shocked when his hand grabbed her forearm as he led the way up the hill.

The rink was empty, as they had expected. There were gates surrounding the entrance, but one could usually just jump over concerning the gate's lack of height. And that was exactly what they did. It was Harry who did it first without any hesitation. He waited for her to follow on the other side, but Taylor was reluctant.

"We're breaking the rules," She hissed.

"What rules? There's no one here,"  Harry brushed her concern off, "'cmon now." She obliged after a few moments, reluctantly jumping over the border. 

They found the skates inside the booth, which was surprisingly so easy to access through. They then met at the rink, just the two of them alone.

A vast shed hovered over the huge rink, which protected it from most of the newly fallen snow. The sides were open however, allowing the aftermath of the snowstorm to make the rink a little bumpier than usual. That made the ice-skating a lot less easier for Harry.

"I had forgotten how good I was at ice-skating," Taylor yelled out loud for Harry to hear behind her. She was the better one out of the two, graciously circling around the rink in smooth and delicate moves. Harry panted a little behind her, struggling to keep up.