"Cook, yeah?" I turned my head to look at him, "Interesting name.."

"Ah, my first name is James- everyone just calls me by the last name..." He then cleared his throat, "So, who are you?" His spliff rested between his lips.

"Ava," I told him; before I could say anything else, a third boy entered the picture, he was tall and lanky, couldn't just brush past the cute face either.

"Fredstar!" Cook greeted him, "This stuff is fuckin' rubbish, by the way," He held up the spliff he had been smoking.

His mate gave him an annoyed stare, "Stop stealin' my fuckin' spliff," He complained before he sighed, "Morning, gents," He greeted the two. He then took notice of me, "And- lady?" He was clearly puzzled with my presence. 

"This is Ava," JJ spoke up, "She just kind of walked over and joined us..." 

Freddie nodded, "Ava, I'm Freddie," He introduced himself, once I heard this, I got a smug look on my face; I then looked over towards Cook.

"That is what you call a gentleman, boys," I winked at Cook.

He let out a laugh, he tilted his head back, his face exposed to the open sky above us. "Freddie, a gentleman? Ava, you better get your head sorted, that is a damn well lie," He looked back over at me, then he slid a pint over to Freddie, "Got you some breakfast, Freds."

Freddie looked down at the beer, "They allowed to serve lager at 8 in the morning?" 

"Oh, I had a word," Cook told him, "JJ's got some interesting thoughts on the benefits of Carlsberg as part of a balanced dietary pattern," JJ sat there patiently, waiting for his moment to speak.

I watched as the awkward boy cleared his throat, "Calorifically, it is right up there with 392 energy units which is nothing on that Snickers Due that I am having... Which has the additional drawback of 28 grams of fat- although I can call upon 1.2 grams of fiber, which doesn't feature in your lager, but you could argue in some sense that hops constitute one of your five day..." JJ took in a deep breath after his rambling ended. 

"That'll do me," Freddie laughed.

A smile crept on my lips, "That sure did me in." 

Cook pointed out Freddie's glass once he noticed he wasn't drinking it, "You not having that, Freds?" He asked. 

I watched as Cook took the glass, "That is his fourth so far," JJ mentioned as Cook took down a large gulp of the lager.

"Ah, you're a crazy one, yeah?" I teased Cook, a sarcastic tone in my voice. 

Cook looked towards me, raising a brow, "I'd say so."

Freddie sighed, "We've got college in half an hour, is that a good idea?" 

This confirmed that we were all going to the same place; I wanted to get to know Freddie more, he was stealing my attention away from the others. My train of thought was broken when I heard a woman shout, "Pig!" I looked back over towards the boys. 

"Well, maybe I won't go," Cook shrugged his shoulders, content with his answer.

"You're gonna bunk off your first day?" Freddie some how seemed astonished with that. It was clear that Cook just wanted to get high and drunk, maybe have a shag or two in between that. He clearly could give less than a shit about college. 

"Freds, mate. The sun is shining, feels like the beginning of somethin' so I'm waiting," Cook's stare landed onto me as he said this. A smirk on his lips.

Freddie furrowed his brow once he noticed how Cook looked at me, "For what?"

"The signal."

"We are starting college, Cook."

"No- we are waiting, something's gotta start us off."

I leaned forward, "Tell me, James," I wanted to egg him on, much to Freddie's avail. "Will this magic signal tell you to continue with your education, or might it be something else?"

Cook smiled at me, happy that I was interested in what he had to say, "Ava, I need motivation, and it needs to be better than sitting in the sun with these two, drinking beers and smokin' Fred's blow," He then peeked over his shoulder, "Jensie," He called out to the lady in the truck, "Have the same again, and sling a couple of them cherry shots on top?" The lady nodded and pulled out two glasses. "Cheers, darling!" He then turned back to us, "Yes, this day has potential, I can feel it."

JJ was a lot more concerned with something else, he pointed out some bike that was in the middle of the road. "Shouldn't someone pick up that bike before it causes an..."

As I turned to look at the bike, a car ran it over and swerved, ending up head first into a pole. Once I noticed who was driving the car- my dad, I quickly stood up and grabbed my bag and then picked up Cook's fresh beer, taking a drink from it before I set it back down, "Alright, lads- see you later," I announced before I snuck away from the scene, managing to go unseen by Effy. 

☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠