Prologue

"Come on in, dearie" a curious voice ordered as a 20 something girl set foot in the room.

"Rumplest-Rumplestiltskin?" She asked with difficulties.

"Indeed I am"

"I need your help. My name is-"

"Emma. Daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming!" He squeaked "The product of true love"

"How do you know all that?"

"I'm the Dark One. Powerful wizard. I know more than you think"

"So you know why I came here then" she affirmed.

"Yes. But I'd like to hear it from your mouth"

This man is pretty awkward. Emma thought. And scary. His skin looks like... A crocodile's.

"My kingdom has been invaded by ogres. They are terrorizing everyone in it and they've even attacked our castle. I managed to escape and promised myself to find a way of saving not only my parents but the whole kingdom. I was hoping you..."

"Destroyed the ogres once and for all, with a slight move of my hand" he grinned.

Emma nodded shyly.

"It's your lucky day, princess, because I'm willing to help"

"Really? Thank you!" A smile was drawn on her face, which disappeared immediately as she remembered what needed to happen next "I also know that with a deal comes a price. I'm willing to pay it as long as you eliminate those monsters "

"Smart girl you are. And yes, an exchange is required in order to receive my help. In this case I need you to give me... a heart"

"I'm sorry to disappoint you but it can't be ripped out"

"Not yours" he replied scrunching up his face "I want the heart of a person you haven't met yet"

"I-I don't understand. How am I supposed to give you a stranger's heart if I don't even know who he or she is?" Emma asked confused.

"You shall not worry. Just sign here" he said, magically showing a large scroll "And you shall pay me when the time comes. It won't be soon, it's going to take some years. Do we have a deal?"

The girl was so puzzled. Should she accept the deal and save her kingdom? In comparison to all the things people said The Dark One asked in exchange, that one wasn't bad. Yes, it was terrible and probably inhuman to offer someone's life without his or her concession. But it wouldn't be in vain; a life to save thousands. Emma didn't understand completely why would a stranger's heart belong to her, nonetheless, she made a decision.

"Deal" she said strongly before signing with a sharp and thin pen on the paper without reading it.

Rumple's high-pitched laugh filled the room before he disappeared the scroll.

"Very well, very well. Now, let's make some magic"