"Oh Ace." A involuntarily whisper escaped the woman.

The weight on her quickly lifted off Lucy, causing her to open her eyes and look at Nick questioningly. Not having realised she had just uttered another mans name.

"Nick, what's wrong?" She grasped his wrist but he quickly snatched it away before standing and looking for his shirt, looking utterly pissed off.

"I'm Nick now huh." Slipping the shirt over his head Nick made his way to the door, being completely turned off from what Lucy had just said. The young woman moved to her feet to stop the man from escaping, still confused of what had happened.

"Wait, I'm sorry please stay." Lucy didn't want to be left unsatisfied tonight, but her hopes were crushed when Nick scowled at her. She sighed, as he ripped the door open before leaving he gave one last piece of advice.

"Why don't you fuȼking call Ace around to fuȼk you?"

I wish I could. Lucy released a humourless laugh at her first thought to the question, feeling as though she was slowly losing her mind. Climbing back into bed she slipped under the covers, wearing only her bra and thong set.

The rest of the night she spent tossing and turning, with different thoughts of what she was going to do come Monday night. It would be easy for her to avoid Ace, but the young woman had realised that, that was the last thing she wanted to do. It was now early morning and she had finally found an answer to silence the thoughts in her mind. Tonight, had really opened her eyes and the plan she had devised in her head was completely crazy, but she was willing to accept being considered insane.
...

It was midday when Lucy woke up on Monday , she stretched her limbs before getting out of bed. Before having a shower she ducked her head into her mum's room to see the pale woman still asleep. Yesterday she had been extremely unwell with pains in the stomach and a bit of a high fever, Lucy just hoped she was feeling better today.

After getting ready, the young woman made her way downstairs with a skip in her step. With the spare time before work, Lucy decided to clean up the clutter that had been accumulating downstairs. First, she opened up all the curtains to let some sunshine in and then connected her phone to the sound system in living room, turning the volume to a lower setting as to not wake her mother. Soon she was dancing around the living room sweeping the floor and tiding her mum's side table. Next she wiped down the dining table before heading to the kitchen. As she was scrubbing the dishes, Janet entered the kitchen looking a little bit healthier than yesterday. The woman placed a kiss on her daughter cheek before making herself a cup of tea.

"It's good to see you so happy baby." Janet could see a change in her little girl, she looked more relaxed and gleeful. Lucy offered her a smile whilst drying her hands, but the smile soon dropped when her mother's face went blank and her eyes went wide. Swiftly Lucy caught her mum before she hit the floor, carefully she carried her into the living room.

"Mum? Mum can you hear me?" Lucy checked her pulse and found it to be normal. Rushing back into the kitchen, she ran a some cool water on a rag and filled a glass of water. When she sat back down she could see her mum coming conscious again.

"Mum?" Janet responded with a dazed groan before blinking her eyes, feeling as though she just woke up. Lucy pressed the cool rag to her mother's head, worry lines carved into her own forehead.

"What happened?" She asked, taking small sips of water.

"You fainted." It wasn't the first time, but it always scared Lucy and made her reconsider leaving her mum alone. "I'll have to call into work and tell them I won't be there tonight."

"Nonsense, I will be fine." The duo went back and forth, both seemingly as stubborn as each other.

"Fine I'll go to work, but I'm not letting you be here alone." Lucy went through her contacts ignoring her mother's protests. Pressing his number, she waited as the phone rang.

"Hello."

"Kurt, what time do you finish today?" Lucy knew she could rely on Kurt.

"6pm, why do you ask?"

"Would you be able to do me a favour tonight?" Kurt replied with an 'of course' before she had even told him what it was. "My mum hasn't been feeling well and I don't want to leave her at home by herself. I have work 7pm-3am, do you think you could come round and watch over her for me, please?"

"Sure, Mrs Amorosi and I can talk all about you while you're gone." He chuckled.

"Thank you so much, trust me she'll show you all the baby photos and tell you all my embarrassing moments." Lucy laughed, before wishing him goodbye.

"Who was that?"

"My friend Kurt, he's going to keep you company while I'm gone." Janet tried to convince her daughter that she would be fine but she was met with a look that told her the decision was final.
...

Lucy walked around the yard, scanning the fence line checking for anything out of the usual. Soon she would be at Aces cell once again, being the last officer he sees before bed. With her new outlook on her situation, she was both nervous and curious of what would happen tonight. The time outside alone under the starry night sky, gave the officer plenty of time to think and she was sure of what she wanted.

The alarm on her watch sounded, signalling the end of her shift. Lucy made her way back into the building, moving through the hallways in the direction of Ace. She felt completely ready to face him and confident of her intentions.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Let's. Get. It.

Please Vote! Mad Love Fam