Chapter Eleven: UA Sports Festival #5

Start from the beginning

Mr Aizawa gives an unenthusiastic grunt in return. Did it hurt to have to talk with all those bandages?

When I stop walking onto the concrete, I see that Bakugou is already on the opposite side of me. His hands are in his pockets and he shows me a determined look.

Bakugou glares at me. I glare back.

I want him to know that I'm not kidding around. Like everyone else here, I'm going to make my mark as a First Year in UA.

My plan to beat Bakugou relies heavily on sneak attacks. Bakugou has very fast reflexes and I doubt that I can tire him out before I get the chance to win. So I need to limit his movements, whether that be physically or not.

If I can get this to work somehow, I will go against Todoroki. Bakugou is the bridge I have to cross. He's stopping me from becoming what he wants to be as well. The winner.

"Start!"

Bakugou wastes no time charging towards me and drawing a big punch. It almost startles me how much faster he seems right in front of me compared to when I was spectating.

"This will be over in no time!" He shouts at me as he begins to move his fist towards my cheek.

Present Mic gasps, "The first move is made by Bakugou! He wants to end this quickly, doesn't he?"

I duck under Bakugou's arms quickly and clap my hands, drawing out a staff from the ground. His punching arm is now out and giving me a clear space to smash the staff into.

"I wouldn't say so!" I call back.

The object is now swinging the side of it into Bakugou's stomach. But he catches it before it makes impact, holding his other hand over the arm grasping my weapon. He flicks off an explosion, making me roll back and skid on my knees, leaving my weapon behind with him.

I stop moving, feeling some stinging on my cheek. It seems like he just got me.

I inhale sharply, wiping the dust from the floor off of my cheek before rubbing my fingers together. The particles fall slowly, still very noticable. Huh.

When I stand up again, Bakugou throws my staff out of the playing field to the grass, eyes on me.

He scowls, "Don't try that on me, dumbass." Bakugou tilts his head tauntingly. "I've seen all your tricks, it's the only object you could actually use that is even close to competing against me."

I huff back, clapping my hands again, "I'm much more than just my weapons, Bakugou."

"Then what the Hell are you, huh?" He spits back, walking towards me as I clench my fists, "A loser? A nobody? A freak?"

He knows how to piss me off, doesn't he?

But I can't believe he remembers how I hate the word 'freak' yet he forgets Kirishima's name and quirk in an hour.

My body moves on its own as I run to meet him half way. Once he gets close enough, I jump up, ready to axe kick him to the ground. Perhaps it was a naive decision, but I was aiming my heel to hit down his blonde spiky locks.

He suddenly moves his head and grabs onto my ankle, smirking at me proudly. I suck in my breath as I feel the rest of my weight beginning to settle in towards the floor.

But Bakugou scoffs at me, "Or are you a just threat?"

Something inside me just ticks when he says that. How I'm a threat.

I clench my fists and try to steady my falling body. I quickly hook my foot behind his head and pull the same leg towards my chest. I was not letting him get the last word.