I smiled at him and we walked downstairs. (I know this is Jaeden x reader but I had to add a few Jyatt moments)

《》《Y/n pov》《》

I needed to distract myself from what happened with Jaeden. I pulled out my phone and started texting.

*text conversation*

Y/n
Do you want to meet up later at the mexican restaurant on Washington avenue.

Nick 🌸
Ya, when?

Y/n
5?

Nick 🌸
I'll see you there. 😉

*end of conversation*

I put my phone down, I didn't feel like dancing anymore. I sat down and tried to organise my feelings.

At 4:15 I got up and changed into a nice date outfit and called an uber.

I arrived at the restaurant and fixed myself up before walking in. I found a nice table beside a window. I put my phone on the table and waited for Nicholas.

"Are you ready to order" I smiling waiter asked me.

"I'm waiting for someone" I replied and checked my phone to see if he had texted. Nothing.

I waited in the restaurant for another 20 minutes. He didn't show up. I picked up my phone and dialled his number.

"Where are you?" I sighed.

"Oh, sorry something came up. Work" he answered.

"Well maybe you could tell me next time, I have been here alone for the past 20 minutes alone." I hissed

"Look, it won't happen again, I have to go." He said angerly and then he hung up. I asked for a takeaway. I needed some comfort food, this was supposed to be a distraction.

I grabbed the bag and decided to walk home, it was still bright and I enjoyed the scenery.

I got home and rushed onto the couch. I watched Netflix and ate my food for hours on end.

I finally went to bed at around 1.

~The next day~

My alarm woke me up at 11am. I smacked the snooze button and got up a few minutes later. I remembered the events of yesterday, it felt like my brain was exploding.

I got some breakfast and listened to my Spotify playlist. I wanted to go to the flower field again, to clear my thoughts. I grabbed my headphones and my keys. I walked to the park and into the flower garden. As I arrived I saw a person sitting beside the river.

"You know there is a tree branch there for a reason" I sat beside Jaeden on the ground. He smiled and moved his bag from between us.

"I regret showing you this place now" I let out a quiet chuckle.

"Well, I needed a place to think away from rowdy teenagers" he sighed.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked quietly.

He lifted his head. "I think we should put all of this behind us and try and be friends again."

"Really!?" I was shocked.

"Ya, your a good friend, no matter what happened while we dating."

"Thanks, I missed you." I blushed slightly.

"So how are things with Nicholas" he questioned.

"Fine" I answered quickly.

"Hey, were friends now you have to tell me the truth." He scolded.

"I guess he's just a bad timekeeper, he missed our date yesterday 'cause of work and he is always late but other then that it's great."

"I guess I was a good timekeeper." He said.

"Ya, I guess so" this was awkward.

"So how are things with you, I saw you on that date with some girl, what's she like" I said with a jealous undertone.

"Not really my type, Finn told me I needed to get back in the game so we went on a double date but no sparks." He shrugged.

"Well, plenty of fish in the sea" I said with a big smile.

"I have a scene soon but I still have time, if you want, to walk you home." Jaeden asked nervously.

"Sure, why not?" I grinned at him and we started to walk back to my house.

Jaeden walked me up to the door. "I'll see you soon, I guess" he smiled. He pulled me into a hug. We both embraced longer then we should have. He slowly piled away from the hug though his face was still close to mine. We lingered there for a moment before fully pulling away.

"Bye" I said as he hopped down the drive.

My heart felt like it was doing cartwheels in my chest.

《》《》《》

Word count: 1217

Hope you enjoyed ❤

Also I have realised it seems that I making the rest of the cast out to be really mean but I wanted to show they just  looking out for Jaeden. ❤