𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬

it was the night of mckays party and i was making the finishing touches to my makeup.

there was a slight knock at the door, a unique knock belonging to a unique man, my dad.

"you looking stunning my love, so innocent yet so fierce" he said before sitting on my bed.

"dad shut up" i said with a slight chuckle as i rolled my eyes.

i'm not a dick. he does this every time i get properly dressed up to go out. any moment now we're about to get a speech about staying safe and "not letting some fucking man slut force me into doing something i'm not comfortable with".

i appreciate his concern but i did do 5th grade and have heard numerous safety talks about every topic under the sun.

"now i know you're a mature young lady".

this man just dropped the "mature young lady card". the speech is starting.

"but just be careful tonight, and i know nothings happened to you before but tonight could be different, in america alone..."

i zoned out, i love my dad with my whole heart but to be quite frank, i couldn't give two fucks about what he's saying.

"mia... mia, did you hear me?"

i zoned back in "yeah totally i'll watch my back and besides i'll be with cassie the whole night".

nice way of deceiving your parents that one, always say a friend your parents like is gonna be there.

"i better go cassie will be waiting for me" i said whilst adjusting the straps of my heels.

my dad kissed the top of my head "ok again be careful, don't go fucking wild".

i chuckled "of course dad, i love you" i said as i made my way downstairs and out of my room.

i lit a cigarette as i made my way down the street towards cassies house so we could make our way to mckays together.

"don't go fucking wild" uh sorry dad but this is the first party in forever i've not been 'working' at, i'm gonna have a fucking good time tonight.

<33

me and cassie arrived at mckays and it was the perfect atmosphere, it wasn't too wild that the cops would be at the door any minute but it wasn't totally dead.

"i'm gonna find mckay see you in a bit" she said before kissing me on the cheek.

i smiled "go get him hun".

i was making my way to the kitchen to get a drink when i saw maddy.

i smiled but she just rolled her eyes and walked by me as if i was invisible.

i wasn't surprised. she'd hated me ever since me and nate hooked up at a party when they were on a break, i don't even like nate.

but maddy held a grudge against me and i didn't give enough of a shit to fix it so it's been like that ever since between us, which was fine by me.