We started talking more about Zoë’s situation and it was pretty awkward for her and the guy. So that was why she was on edge today. Ash mentioned my exchange with Christian and Zoë got awestruck. She started gushing about how I was a guy magnet and such, so I told her to shut up and we continued watching Orange Is The New Black.

  In the third episode, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out to see an unknown number on the screen. I frowned, and Ash seemed to notice this.

  “Who’s that?” she asked.

  “Uhm I don’t know,” I responded honestly.

  I walked over to the balcony as I answered the phone.

  “Hello?” I said.

  “Hi, is this Max?” a smooth voice asked on the other end of the line.

  Christian.

  “Yes,” I said. I felt confident all of a sudden. It felt weird.

  “Oh, hey beautiful. How was your day?”

  “Uhm, it was cool. And don’t call me beautiful.”

  He chuckled. “Okay, beautiful. I just called to see if this is your real number.”

  “Yeah, it’s real.” I said, feeling awkward. “Why?”

  “Some people give me fake numbers, you know.”

  I quirked an eyebrow, “Oh, so you’ve been around?”

  He chuckled again, this time it was light. “No. I just meet beautiful people you know.”

  “Oh, okay.”

  “So, uhm, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?” I could tell he was nervous. What was it about me that made people nervous?

  “I don’t know. I need to think about it.”

  “Oh, okay. I’ll be waiting for an answer then. Beautiful.”

  And so we talked for what felt like forty five minutes, while I looked over the city. We talked about random stuff, and he was really funny. He was charming me over the phone.

  “Uhm okay. I really need to go now,” I said.

  “Can’t wait to talk to you again, beautiful,” And with that he hung up. I turned to walk back in when I bumped onto someone. I yelped, then glared at Zoë and Ash. They were listening on me the whole time?

  “It’s fucking rude to eavesdrop on other people’s conversations, you know,” I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

  “I know, but you’re not ‘other people’. So why didn’t you say yes when he asked you out?” Ash asked.

  I just shrugged.

  “Well, good job. Don’t just give it up after a day. Make him fight for you,” Zoë said. I chuckled.

  “Fight for me?”

   “Well, yeah. He needs to know you’re not just easy prey.” Zoë said and looked down on her nails. They needed a manicure.

  I rolled my eyes. “Okay. Two more episodes and I’m gone,” I said, changing the subject. I walked back in the big apartment that looked more like a luxury hotel room and curled on the sofa.

xxxxxxxxxx

A/N

Please Comment and vote xx