chapter 6: Pep talks and lessons

Start from the beginning

"That's not possible..... Is it?" Clary questioned, reminding herself that the things she thought never existed were very well real.

"Absolutely... if you know a warlock."

"A warlock?"

Kristina groaned quietly, wishing that her friend would take the time to read the codex to understand this world better. But the chances of that happening any time soon we're slim.

"Yeah Clary, a warlock. Immortal beings, they're half-demon, half-human. Sometimes their fingers spark."

"Dot, my mom's assistant, her hands had this purple glow when she opened the wall and my mom pushed me through and I ended up at the police station." Clary informed the group.

Dot's a warlock?

"That was a Portal. Dot must have been a warlock. Only warlocks can create them." Adam took over Jace's explanation

"Wait, so you're saying if we find the real Dot, she could help us find the Cup and get my mom back?"

"Unless she's working for Valentine." Kristina pitched in, thinking back to her mother. Who she know knew for sure worked for Valentine, more accurately with him.

"Even better. She'll lead us right to him." Clary stated

"Not good, we can't just show up in front of Valentine without knowing his plans, and some of us" Kristina narrowed her eyes slightly at Clary "aren't trained, we can't go into battle without skill and strategy"

Clary visibly deflated, knowing Kristina was right but not wanting to admit that to herself.

Jace on the other hand smirked at the brunette girl, completely agreeing with her.

"Where's Simon?" Clary asked changing the subject before walking off in a search for him.

>>>

Clary stared at the mirror, judging her reflection with a small frown.

"This is the least revealing thing you have?" She asked Isabelle, who was standing beside the bed where Kristina was residing.

"What? All the naughty bits are covered. A little too much in my opinion."

Kristina chuckled, Izzy's style was 'the less fabric the better'. The girl herself would often dress more comfortably, something good for a fight. However, she did like to dress up too. She also loved Izzy's style, it was confident and she got to look at a hot girl.

"Where's Simon?" Clary questioned, noticing that he was not in the room

"Who?" Isabelle questioned playing dumb before quickly chuckling at Clary's momentary distress "Kidding. He's in good hands with the boys."

"So, um... you, Alec, Jace and Adam are... what, like, family?" Clary asked nervously

"Translation, you want to know if Adam and I are a thing." Izzy wiggled her eyebrows at Kristina who was watching the pair with amusement.

"Why would I care?"

"Clary, I can see you're crushing" Kristina stated, making the girl flustered

"Don't worry. In every way, he's like my brother. Jace too" She gave a sly look to Kristina who rolled her eyes dismissively "Our parents took them in when they ten. We trained together. Learned to fight side by side."

"A few days ago, all I had to worry about was getting into art school. And now..." Clary started, changing the topic.

"Is this the part where I give you the pep talk about harnessing your inner Shadowhunter and accepting your true destiny? Does Kristina usually do that stuff?" Isabelle spoke glancing quickly at Kristina to see if she wanted to take over, but the brunette shook her head wanting the two to become friends.

" Was that the pep talk?" Clary questioned with a light smile getting a chuckle out of Isabelle and Kristina

" Basically. Clary... Remember, you were born to do this. No matter what has happened... this is who you are."

"Not exactly feeling that."

"Yet." Kristina chimed in with a soft smile. She loved Clary, the girl was her family, and she hated seeing her so afraid and upset.

"Okay, but now we just have to find Dot."

"And track down and kill the most dangerous rogue Shadowhunter in history before he kills us all."

"You really know how to ruin a pep talk, don't you?" Clary said, as Kristina laughed at them.

"Come on, let's go." They all moved for the door  "Oh, and Simon is kind of nerd-hot."

>>>

Kristina and Isabelle went straight to the weapons, an array of swords were displayed on a shelve coming from the wall. There were various long swords and short swords amongst them were sabers, katanas, broadswords and others. Kristina practically swooned, holding herself back from running to the swords and trying them all out. Izzy was clearly also excited as she ran her fingers over a shiny longsword.

"wow" the girls said in unison as Jace swatted Isabelle's hand away from the sword's sharp edges with a muttered 'no Izzy'. He however let Kristina keep drooling over the weapons.

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission." Isabelle said, talking about her brother.

Alec strode over to the group, a scowl placed on his face like always.

"I don't approve of this mission." He stated causing Kristina to struggle to hold back a laugh "I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girl does not leave the premises."

"Hey, my name is not "little girl", okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot." Clary barked, sticking up for herself.

Kristina winced lightly at Clary's comment on the clave and the group of shadowhunters. Jace stood quietly beside her, the pair observing the conversation silently.

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone." Adam spoke up trying to get Alec to agree with them.

"Adam has a point." Izzy stated going Alec a hard look

"You too, Izzy?" He asked feeling betrayed "All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?"

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift store that she... " Clary gasped as she held her necklace, he eyes widening as she started a thousand miles ahead ignoring the group

"What's wrong? What is it?" Kristina stepped closer to Clary in concern

"I, um...  Weirdly, I think I know where Dot is."

"Great. I'll drive. What? Unless you have, like, a Shadowhunter-mobile or something." Simon blabbered having gone unnoticed before

"You were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me... right?

"Possibly." Jace butted in with a smirk as he and the rest of the shadowhunters grabbed their weapons. Kristina having her daggers already strapped to her thighs stood aside.

"Wait... am I gonna die?"

But the mundane went ignored as everyone walked out of the training room to start their mission.

>>>

I know, I know, I suck at uploading. Sorry guy's I just had no motivation to write what so ever and I've been a bit busy. But im back bitches and imma try to update better this time.

Hope you enjoyed, I love y'all ❤❤❤❤❤