𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘

Start from the beginning

Profit? Profit as in money or advantage..?

"Wait a moment. Are you fine with this, Amir-san?" Jade asked, out of his character. Mira blinked before turning her head to his direction, her eyes blankly staring at his taken-aback attitude. "I might not know you as much as others, but this isn't like you to make rash decisions like this."

"Whaat~? Salmon-chan was the one who came to us, right?" Floyd remarked, not understanding his brother's perspective. This was the first time that he had seen his brother acting all doubtful, wondering if there was something more to Mira than he had imagined. "What's your relationship with this shorty?"

"S-Shorty?" Mira repeated, an irk mark ticking off her forehead as her eyes flinched. "Have you ever wondered that it's because you're too tall?"

"That said," Jade cleared his throat before sitting beside her. She shuffled to give him some space notwithstanding why he had decided to sit near her. "I hope you can understand me. Shock the hear-"

"No, no, no!" Floyd quickly covered her eyes and pushed her to his side in a childish matter, causing her to lean back in shock. "If you ask for the truth, we might lose a customerrr! Bind the heart!"

Silence.

Hm? I can't see anything but darkness because of Floyd's hands, but something seems a bit wrong.

Mira decided to move Floyd's hands out of the way so she could see what the problem was this time. Amber met heterochromatic orbs that widened in front of her, Jade's, before she gave a little concerned look. "Uh..? Jade? Are you Gucci?"

"Ooops! Myy bad Jadee! I used my unique magic on you," Floyd yelped in realisation, lowkey hoping his relationship with his twin wouldn't be ruined. Azul, Floyd and Mira continued to stare at Jade's figure that stayed silent, his gloved hands covering his mouth. To no avail was he able to hold his breath for long, causing him to finally release his hands from his mouth.

"To begin with, I suspected that there was more to Amir-san when I first met her last year. She seemed really suspicious when I started talking to her because she was in a different class all by herself, but right after I told her my unique magic allowed me to reveal the truths of a person; she began to avoid me. Both Floyd and I know that she is a female despite her acts of hiding it, though, but I just hoped she could trust me with her secret by being a good friend. Also, I was quite happy when the headmaster had sent me to guide her to my class after not hearing anything from her for an entire year - I'm glad that she didn't avoid me as much as before and accepts my passion for mushrooms. I tried my best during the weeks to not use my unique magic on her otherwise our relationship will loosen, but this situation had me very worried about what she had gone through. I am fond of her, after all, why would I not notice such a thing-"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...My apologies, I think my glasses cracked," Azul mumbled, staring at the seaweed-haired girl whom he had just realised was a female all along.

"J-Jaade? That's some crazy monologue you've got there," Floyd chuckled despite still wrapping his arms around the girl who seemed quite shocked herself. She didn't know what to say; the fact that he knew she was a girl all along or the fact that she had been distant to him for an entire year had taken over her train of thoughts.

She cleared her throat before giving poor Jade a reassuring smile, even though it was lopsided and off-guard. "A-Ah, that's alright Jade - sorry for not realising it earlier. You've been sitting stiff like that for a while...are you okay?"