The White Heather & Purple Lilac

Start from the beginning

"… I'm fine…" Asami answered a little too late for Korra's liking.

'Well, that was a stupid question' Korra thought to herself. "No, you're not alright!" The Avatar stated. "I'm coming in!" She said as bluntly as she did impulsively.

She pushed Asami back into her apartment then sat her down on the living room couch. Asami smiled weakly, but genuinely. "I see you got some fancy duds…" She observed Korra's new attire. " 'So totally you…" She complimented with a grin, receiving a blush from Korra which she didn't seem to notice.

Korra held the flowers tighter, making her remember they were there at all. "Thanks, um… I- uh. I kind of bought you flowers…" Korra blushed nervously as she revealed the flowers, pulling them out from behind her back and handing them to her.

Asami placed the bag of peas on the armrest of the sofa and took the flowers with a slow grip and loving expression. "Thank you so much, Korra. They're beautiful." She said, Korra noticing her stuffy nose and frowning a bit. She never liked to see the girl sick. It broke her heart.

The Avatar bowed her head, blushing, and scratched the back of her neck. A nervous habit of hers. "Well, you know… It was nothin', really…" She looked up to Asami and saw a wide smile play below the weary, yet shining, jade-green eyes of hers, causing her to crack a slight grin of her own with a bit of a laugh, too.

"Nonsense, Korra." Asami refused the Water Tribe girl's humbleness. "They must mean something considering you bought them for me." She assumed with an all-too-knowing smile that seemed more innocent than the mischief that danced in her eyes.

"Well, uh… They do have representation…" Korra confessed, scratching her temple now.

"Well, what do they mean?" Asami asked eagerly, curious about the symbolism of each flower.

"Which one do you wanna know first…?" She asked nervously, her blue eyes discreet with anxiety.

Asami, knowing each flowers' name, started off. "What does the Amaryllis mean?" The CEO asked with a toothy smile as her stuffy nose caused her voice to sound a bit nasally.

The blush on the Avatar's tanned cheeks became more apparent as she explained to Asami her gorgeousness. "It means… Well, it uh means uh… I-uh got uh… According to the uh… Lady at the um- the flower shop… It mea- it uh st- It symbolizes marvelous beauty… And worth beyond beauty…" She stuttered.

Asami's began to grow more content and comfortable with the Water Tribe native's presence as she continued to ask her questions. "What does the Red Carnation Symbolize?"

Korra took a deep breath, and mentally sighed for good luck. She's intrepid in the face of danger, yet she can barely confess her feelings to the girl she loves without stammering like an idiot. "It indicates um… Passion… And admiration; love, and uh- um… Longing… As well as uh… Deep love… For one…" Korra stumbled and faltered over her words, sounding like Bolin did after he first met her father.

"What about the Red Mums?" Asami asked simply, a happy and knowing grin on her pale face.

"The Chrysanthemums express… Love…" She breathed out absentmindedly from a lungful of air she didn't know she was holding in.