The White Heather & Purple Lilac

Start from the beginning

Next, she picked out a pair of blue, high-top Adidas Originals that were on sale. She felt she was being cheap now, just looking everywhere and anywhere for a sign that says 'SALE!' or '50% OFF!' She felt like Mako. No offence, but he was always looking for an alternative for things rather than spend money on the actual product. For instance, he makes his own soap with tallow, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, lye, and other ingredients he says he gets from a guy he knows. He's honestly such a cheapskate sometimes.

As Korra was about to make her way to the register, she stopped in her tracks because she caught a glimpse of something amazing out of the corner of her eye. She back-tracked then turned her attention to the piece of clothing. It was a black, leather jacket with rows of silver studs lining the large collar that resembled one of a button down oxford shirt. She instantly fell in love with it, and it was, surprisingly, exactly her size considering the large size of her bust. It was meant to be.

She took the leather jacket off the hanger then quickly made her way to the register before she saw something else she wanted.

Tossing the clothing items onto the counter in front of the cashier, who began to ring up her purchases. "That'll be 755.67 yuans." ($124.68 in American currency) The cashier began as Korra mentally gaped at the amount. "Cash, credit, or debit?" She asked with an uninterested tone.

Korra snapped out of her daze then clumsily stacked notes on the counter that she counted to be 800 yuans. The cashier put the cash in the register then gave her back her change. "Here's your receipt." She ripped out a thin piece of paper, handing it to her lazily. "Have a nice day… Next!"

Korra growled at the cashier's attitude, but brushed it off as she walked out the door of the shop, then into a public bathroom to change into her new clothes. She walked out of the bathroom then placed the bag of her Water Tribe clothes into the compartment aside Naga's saddle then walked to the flower shop she had planned to visit.

And now, here she was just a minute after remembering her shopping trip. A nervous girl irritated by her reluctance to just knock on the door and give Asami the flowers to express her undying love to the girl. They've been friends for years, flirting here and there. It's just time to take it to the next level.

She's been standing at the door for literally 5 minutes and hasn't done a thing. "Come on, Korra. Don't be a fucking pussy. Pull a Nike and Just Do It." She mumbled under her breath and looked at her watch. The hand had just moved, signifying it was now 7:30 am. She took a deep breath, tightening her grip on the bouquet behind her back. "You can't wait here all day…" She concluded before she finally tapped her knuckles on the door.

Korra heard a groan of pain echo through the door and became worried, so she knocked harder and practically shouted. "Asami! Asami, let me in! It's Korra!" She exclaimed as she heard shuffling footsteps approach the door.

She stepped back as the sounds of locks coming undone made the satisfying sound of metal clanging against metal. The door swung open, Asami behind it looking awfully sick with bags under jade-eyes that were glazed over with sleep. She was in a white muscle shirt, maroon pajama pants, and a white robe with the belt undone. She held a bag of frozen peas to her forehead, and her skin looked paler than usual.

Korra's eyes altered from determination to pure worry and concern. She stepped forward to the girl, bouquet still held behind her back. "Asami!" She placed the back of her tanned hand upon her forehead. She felt warm. "Are you alright!?"