☆ quarantined

(Thanks for the request leglesslegoeggolas )

"That should be the last box!" You called out to Timothee as you placed down a cardboard box. You were looking around the new apartment that you and your boyfriend purchased. The large windows gave you a perfect view of New York City and the twinkling lights cut clearly through the darkened sky. Cars honking and the occasional shout could be heard.

You've never been to New York. Timothee was filming a movie up in a small town in Canada and since then, the two of you have been inseparable. He stayed for a few months after filming and sprung up a random idea to move back where he grew up.

It was stressful and hard to leave the little town you grew up in to move to a huge city in another country. When you arrived, those emotions turned into excitement at the idea of exploring.

Timothee snuck up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist. His chin placed on the top of your head and he swung side to side gently. "So, what are you thinking about?" He questioned.

"I can't wait to explore everything. The cheesy tourist spots too." You admitted.

"We'll go everywhere," Timothee responded and kissed your cheek. This moment was something you've dreamed of for a long time. Moving in with someone you love.

"For now, let's eat, watch some TV, and go to bed," Timothee stated before moving back into the kitchen.

You let out a small huff and followed him, "But we have so much unpacking to do."

"Babe, It's late. Don't worry, we have plenty of time." He told her before moving to the fridge. A sigh left his lips as he remembers the two of you currently had no food. He pulled his phone from his back pocket and ordered pizza. The couch in the living room was placed facing towards an unpacked TV that was all hooked up and ready. It was the first thing Timothee set up as he droned on about the importance of setting it up first rather than all the other things you have.

Half an hour passed and the doorbell rang. Your stomach growled at the thought of pizza. Timothee moved your legs that were resting on his lap as you draped across the couch. He moved towards the door with the money in is hands. As they exchanged hello's and traded off the items, you caught the delivery guy saying something.

"This virus stuff is getting kinda crazy. Man, have you heard about the lockdown?" You tuned out the rest of the conversation. There couldn't be a lockdown. It just wasn't possible. As Timothee walked into the room with the pizza and set it down on the coffee table, you moved for the apple remote. Flipping to youtube, you make it to a video. A health advisor was on the screen in front of a podium.

"In light of recent cases spiking, we have decided to close all non-essential businesses. Parks will also be closed for the safety and well being of the public..." The person continued but you paused it before turning to Timothee.

After a few silent moments, you spoke up. "I guess we aren't going out tomorrow." The disappointment that coursed through your body was immeasurable.

"Oh, honey," Timothee sighed, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Let's just watch something happy." Your gaze fell back to the TV as you tried to hold back tears. After a few hours of mindless shows, you managed to pass out on the couch. Timothee picked you up and gently brought you to the bed. Instead of going to bed like you, he snuck out of the room and towards the unopened boxes.

_____________

It was sometime in the early morning that you woke up. The sun was barely peeking through the blinds and the drowsiness that set in was nearly unbearable. Your arm stretched out to the right side of the bed but came in contact with cold sheets. Timothee, who wasn't in the bed, came bounding into the room with a bright smile on his face.

"Good morning sweetie!" He jumped on the bed like a child.

Your mood was still sour from the night before, "Why are you so happy?"

"Because we have a tour to get to."

"Timmy, we're on lockdown."

Timothee chuckled at your response, "Who said we were leaving the apartment?" His eyebrow rose.

"What do you mean?" He didn't answer you and left the room again. You got up and got ready. Upon walking out the door, you saw the apartment decorated. There was a replica of the statue of liberty made out of cardboard boxes. It wasn't the best, but it was adorable. There were also other cardboard replicas of famous spots in New York.

In the hallway that leads to the kitchen was a plethora of plants. They stretched across the space and made it look like a beautiful garden. You could only assume that it was his attempt at making a Central Park in this space.

Timothee stood in the middle of the living room, a wide smile on his face. "Welcome to New York!"

You stood there in shock, not knowing what to do. "What is all this?"

"If you can't go and see these things, I'm going to bring them to you." He walked towards you and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done." Tears pricked at your eyes.

"Now, our day will start with a nice walk through the Park where we will then arrive in the kitchen. I don't care if it's not an official breakfast food. I made chilli dogs." Timothee started, "After that, we will take a nice tour of all the things I made. I stayed up all night for this, so there's no time to waste."

"You didn't have to." You kissed his cheek.

"Well, we're quarantined together. Might as well make it entertaining." He leaned in and planted a kiss on your lips. "Only for you."

He moved so his arm hooked with yours and the two of you walked down the hallway, starting off a day full of enjoyment.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐎𝐇 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐘 ━━━━━ 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝑰𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 🎉