Draco's lips thinned with barely suppressed rage, but Theo egged on.

"We know a lot about the Death Eater plans," he reasoned out. "I know we're not exactly the most trustworthy of the lot, but the Order is already being desperate to bring down the Dark Lord. They'll take whatever they can."

"That's a fucking optimistic thought, Nott," Draco snarled with dripping sarcasm. He was, however, already lowering his wand.

Theo blew a frustrated breath and gingerly placed a hand on Draco's shoulder. "I want this war to end already, Draco," he whispered like a secret, sounding like a lost, vulnerable child. "I want all of this madness to fucking end. If you don't want to defect with me, fine, but I'm still going to do it and you're not going to stop me."

Draco balled his hands into fists, conflicting emotions battling in his mind and heart. Throughout all the confusion, Narcissa's face stood out among them all and Draco desperately, desperately wanted to know what to do to protect his mother.

"They'll kill us," he dully replied, panic rising in his chest at the prospect of really leaving their Death Eater ways.

Theo flashed a brilliant smile despite Draco's morbid words, not missing how he said 'us' instead of 'you'. "Not without my consent, those bastards," he said, already sounding a tad too giddy for Draco's liking.

"No, damn it, you're going to get us killed," Draco snapped in reply. His heart thudded loudly in his chest as adrenaline rushed through his veins and blood pumped to his ears.

"The Order will love us, I promise," Theo said with a cheeky grin. Draco promptly snorted, highly doubting that the people he had hexed and cursed for all of his teenage life would welcome them with open arms. Most especially him – Albus Dumbledore's Almost Murderer. "How could they not when we bring good tidings?"

Draco expelled a deep sigh and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "What is your plan then?" he demanded.

Theo sheepishly frowned. "Well... I was hoping you'll help me?"

"You don't have a concrete plan yet?" Draco thundered, sheer disbelief on his face.

"I fucking plan to run away from here, so that's a start."

Draco took a shuddering breath and wearily ran a hand through his face. "You're going to get us both killed," he muttered once more. Slumping on his vast bed, he tiredly closed his eyes. "Leave me be for now, Theo. I need to think about a lot of things."

He heard his best friend sigh and felt his bed shift as Theo stood up.

"You know... Granger will be there."

His eyes flew open in confusion and disbelief. "Why the hell does that even matter?" he snapped, ignoring how his heart sped up a little too quickly for his own liking.

Theo merely gave him a pointed look and sighed. "I thought that might help your decision a little," he confessed. Draco's jaw dropped in rage, but no words flew out form his mouth.

He heard Theo sigh once more and watched him until he was mere meters from his bedroom door.

The Nott heir then slowly turned around, his eyes glinting in the dark room. "Think about this conversation very hard, Draco. This might just be the best fucking decision you have ever made."

__________

Trust

__________