"I definitely won't mind, I should apologize to Liam for my dad almost strangling him." He laughed and grabbed my hand that was on his arm. He pulled it up to his lips and kissed it softly. Oh my god.

A few stragglers in the hall glanced at us with confusion, but my head was racing. Did Alec just kiss my hand? "I’ll see you after the game," He whispered and walked away. 

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I was stunned. I didn't know what to do, so I numbly walked to the band room.

I sat down in a plastic chair as band kids filled the room. Most of them didn't mind I was gay; honestly it was the jock and popular kids that hated me for it.

"Are you nervous?" I jumped and looked up, a smile forming my lips.

"Hey Matt," I whispered and he smiled, sitting by me. "I'm a little nervous," I admitted and he chuckled softly.

"Don’t be, you rocked that solo the other day. I don't know why Marty got so mad." Matt shrugged and I smiled a little.

"He’s been competing with me since middle school,” I whispered and Matt laughed.

"He has, well good luck.’’ I nodded my head and watched Matt walk away to his friends. I sighed and ran my hands down my face. I was so stressed and confused!

I heard the squeal and groaned. "Rachel don't say anything!" I ordered and pointed at her.

She blushed and ran at me anyways. Her hazel eyes were bright and she was bouncing. "He was by your locker!" She squealed again and I sighed, shaking my head. "Plus, what he did for you in Mr. Berk's class is like all over the school!" I blushed and looked around.

"Shut up Rachel," I mumbled and she sat by me, setting her hands on my shoulders.

"He likes you." She said matter-of—factly, making my cheeks burn hotter.

"No he doesn't, he probably pities me." I whispered and looked down.

"He's not even straight though," I felt my jaw drop. "Yeah that piece of gossip traveled really fast too." Did he even tell anyone that besides me? I didn't say anything...

I shook my head. "Just stop," I whispered and stood up. "Look, I'm going over to his house after the game, but don't—"

"Oh my god that's awesome!" She screamed and I sighed heavily.

"—overreact it's nothing.” I finished and shook my head. "You're ridiculous."

"And yet, you love me..." She grinned and I laughed despite myself.

"I do, now let's suit up. We have to play the touchdown song for the next hour." I grumbled and she giggled as we went to change into our hideous black, red, and white uniforms. 

Rachel and I were both on the drum line so at least I wouldn't be standing by myself tonight. I'd have my goofy friend next to me.

At 4:45 we had to go out to the bleachers behind the field goal thingy on the football field. My snare was cutting into my shoulders. "Ugh, I hate this drum. Stupid Marty took mine," I grumbled and Rachel sent me a sad look as she sat with her own snare.

We were the only three with them on today, and I was thankful. Sometimes people  take snares and they suck. I chuckled and shook my head, I'm a dick.

We played the National Anthem and then we kicked off. I sat by Rachel, commenting about how boring football was. She just laughed and stared at Jordan as he ran around, catching balls. Ha ha... oh good times.

"Dude, did you know Alec looked this hot in his uniform?” Rachel asked and I looked over, nodding my head.

"Hello I've had a crush on him since like forever and I've been sitting on these bleachers watching the game since freshman year." I mumbled and she giggled.