Back to school

"Al, come on, you don't want to be late do you?"

"Actually, I do," mumbled Albus.

"It's not about that Four Sectors thing is it?" asked Ginny, "We've already been through that."

Albus peered down at his shoes. He didn't want to go back to school. It was alright for her to say that. She wouldn't be the one fighting for her life against all her friends. Clutching his new book to his chest, he looked up.

"It is," he admitted shyly.

"It won't be until next year," Ginny assured him, "You'll be twelve then. You'll be stronger and you'll be ready."

"But what if they pick the Four Sectors today?" asked Albus nervously biting his lip. "Then what will I do?"

"You'll just have to go with it then," said Ginny comfortingly, "It's not the end of the world is it?"

"It could be," whispered Albus.

"Look," said Ginny, "Think about it. Just because the Prophecy says so, it doesn't mean that it's right does it? What if someone made a mistake when they were writing it? People make mistakes."

"People who make Prophecies don't make mistakes," James butted in.

"Shut up James," said Albus.

"But they don't," continued James, "I was just stating a fact."

"I said shut - up," said Albus, his voice seething with annoyance.

"You can't have a go at me for just telling the truth," said James all wide eyed and innocent.

Then something snapped in Albus. He wasn't going to be the nice one anymore. Without a wand, he flung himself at James carelessly. Grabbing him by the shoulders and giving him a hard shove nearly took all the strength out of his body but it was worth it. A tingling sensation ran through his fingertips. He liked being able to rule over James. Especially since he never had done before.

"Boys!" exclaimed Ginny angrily, trying to break up the fight.

But nothing could stop Albus now. He took a swing at James' face but James took a nifty duck. Recovering quickly, James pulled Albus into a headlock tightly. Albus felt as if there was nothing that he could do. It was all happening so quickly. The air in his lungs was trapped inside and he tried to gasp for breath. It didn't work. James' clutch was to tight; too strong. Without realising, James tightened his grip of Albus.

Then it all went dark.

*