Chapter 1

The Day Before

"Will! Catch!" Mike said throwing a book to his best friend.

"Thanks." Will said catching the book and looking at the title that read The Hobbit and put it in an almost full box. The two boys were currently in Will's almost empty bedroom packing things up, while the rest of the party were in the living room helping Joyce pack.

"So, how do you feel about the move?" Mike asked, turning to a pile of empty moving boxes grabbing one and starting to fill it up with the rest of the books on Will's bookshelf.

"It's kind of weird I guess, but the more I think about it the more I'm excited about it." Will exclaims while continuing to pack more into the boxes.

"Really?"

"Yeah! Just think about it! I'm finally going to have a full family, and we're going to be neighbors so I won't have to bike so long after D&D at your place."

"Yeah! That does seem cool! So, is your stepsister going to Hawkins High too?"

"Last time I checked it was a yes." Will said lifting up a full box watching Mike do the same. They both head out to the moving truck putting the boxes near some of the other furniture in it and walked back inside.

As they went inside the house they heard Max and Lucas singing Never Ending Story obviously getting Dustin pissed off at them.

"You guys are pathetic. You know that, right?" Dustin said clearly not amused by his friends taunting him.

"Well, that's because we don't have your lovely voice singing with us." Max said taping up a box.

"Yeah, come on and join us Dusty Bun." Lucas said smiling ear to ear.

Two weeks ago, the party went to the highest point in Hawkins to try to talk to Dustin's girlfriend. There was a machine already set up from a few months ago that got them to be able to talk to Suzie, Dustin's girlfriend. When they were up there they finally got through to Suzie, and without her knowing the party was there, she made him sing Never Ending Story with her to make up from a small fight they had while talking. Ever since that day Lucas and Max made sure Dustin won't live it down anytime soon.

"Don't call me that and that's me and Suzie's song, meaning I most definitely won't be singing for you two." Dustin said glaring at the two kids sitting across the room from him.

All Max and Lucas did was look at each other and started singing the song again earning a laugh from Mike and Will, who were watching it all unfold, and getting the finger from Dustin.

After they were done singing the room went into a comfortable silence for a few minutes  with everyone working on packing up the living room until Max broke the silence.

"So when is El and Hopper coming?"

"Sometime tomorrow. Speaking of which, when you meet El just please, be nice okay. She's really shy." Will said remembering the first time he met her. She barely said anything, making it hard to try to talk to her. But luckily the next time him saw her she seemed a little more comfortable with him.

"We know." The party said in unison. They never met her before, because the only time they came to Hawkins was for the wedding, which was small and only had a few people come. Everyone was excited to meet her, but not as excited as Max. She was so happy to have another girl around.

"I can't wait! She and I can go shopping together, have sleepovers, watch some movies that you guys never want to watch-" Max said happily, listing the things she will be doing since she can't really do them now with the guys, but of course Mike had to cut in.

"Sorry none of us want to watch romantic movies, plus aren't you supposed to be more of a tomboy."

"Sometimes a girl just needs to get in touch with her feminine side." Max groans making all the guys roll their eyes and continue packing.

They packed until the house was empty and the stuff was ready to be moved into their new house. They brought the stuff over to their new house and called it a day. Tomorrow is a new day. A new life. Will thought.

Author's note
Hey guys thanks for reading this story so my plan for updates is get the first 3 chapters out as soon as possible, so you know the story and the basic plot of it. Then after I get the 3 chapters on, updating once a week, probably on the weekends. We'll see I guess I'll let you know for sure when I decide.
Also don't expect an author's note at the end of every chapter. I will only do these when I have something to say because I want to get the new chapter out to you guys as soon as I can. Thanks again! Hopefully the new chapter will be done soon.