Chapter 9: Presenting the Project

ابدأ من البداية

"OH! Oh!" Sikowitz exclaimed, "You two!"

Tori then happily shrieked, "YOU TWO ARE DATING!!"

Now, incredibly bashful, I turned and buried my face in Andre's chest, hiding my blush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunch had just started, I was waiting in line with Cat to get food. She was telling me all about how nice Robbie was being lately. I couldn't help but to grin.

"Modern day matchmaker strikes again!" I thought to myself as I was handed my food.

We went our separate ways as Robbie was eating in Lane's office. For what reason? I have no idea, but it's better to not ask in case it's something serious.

Anyway, I approached my table where my friends and my boyfriend were sitting.

"Hey baby!" Andre grinned as he watched me approach.

"Hi!" I smiled back as I sat down between him and Jade.

"You know, we were just talking about you." Tori smiled.

"Huh?" I felt my heart stop in my chest.

"It was about the scene you performed with Andre earlier." Jade reassured.

"Oh! Well, what did you think?" I asked.

"You both were naturals." Beck complimented.

"You really had me drawn in with your chemistry." Tori chimed in.

"Awe, you guys are so nice!" I covered my cheeks with my palms.

*********************

After classes, Andre and I walked to principal Helen's office. She called me in to discuss something in regards to Nadia.

Andre promised to be waiting outside for me when the meeting was over, feeling nervous, I walked into her office to see her and Lane at her desk.

"Uhm...you called for me?" I asked.

"Yes, Skyla, come take a seat." Helen gestured to the chair.

Slowly, I took my seat. My leg began to bounce from the tension.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Helen sighed, "Nadia is trying to appeal her expulsion, we've made it clear that she won't be able to come back to this school, but she's adamant about coming back."

"We received word from the police department that she did try to bail your mother out of prison, but failed horribly due to the amount being so high to bail her out." Lane explained.

"She tried to- wait, but I was told my mother's bail was set to two million."

"Nadia tried to convince them that she could pay it off in installments." Lane sighed.

I buried my face in my hands, why did she want to ruin my life so badly.

"We're staying firm on our decision to expel her, once she realizes that we're not budging, she will be forced to return to her curriculum at her previous school." Helen reassured.

"Am I dismissed?" I asked.

"Yes, and remember, my eyes are on you." Helen firmly stated.

*********************

Andre and I were with Beck and Jade at the park. We were walking around, having a great time.

I tapped Jade on the shoulder and whispered in her ear, reminding her of the choreo we practiced earlier that week.

"I completely forgot about that." Jade mumbled.

"Forgot what?" Beck asked.

I grinned and glanced at Jade, "Should we show them?"

She nodded, we found a bench for our boys and sat them down. Since I had my speaker, I plugged in my phone and turned on the song we had been practicing the choreography for.

After the song was over, Jade and I panted heavily. This choreo was so difficult to learn, but we managed to pull it off!

***********************

That night, after Andre dropped me off. We couldn't let go of each other at my doorstep.

"I gotta go, Sky." he chuckled.

"Noooooooo!" I playfully whined.

"Do you want me to stay the night again?" he asked.

"Maybe." I whispered.

He chuckled again, "I promise you, some time in the future, I'll stay longer. But I gotta get home. You know how my grandma gets."

I sighed, "Okay. Text me when you get home."

He quickly kissed me, "Of course."

As he walked back to his car, I shouted for him. He turned around and gave me a confused look.

"I love you!"

I could see him smile, "I love you too!"