The Perfect Choice

Start from the beginning

"Battikins, come over here!" All of us ran to her side. She was holding a dress, the dress. I knew it. Batty looked hesitant to commit so quickly-she liked to think things through and took her time when making a serious decision. But she took the dress, which Colette took from her. Batty chose a simple white dress, with no bling or bedazzlements. 

Batty walked out and stood in the center of the room. She was wearing the dress Colette had chosen, a lacy mermaid style with a jeweled belt. It was beautiful, but it wasn't Batty's style. Colette looked a little sour when we nixed it. When Batty came out in the second dress, you could hear everyone's jaws hitting the floor. It was an ivory a-line with a sweetheart neckline and a minimal amount of floral lace that floated down the dress.

 It was an ivory a-line with a sweetheart neckline and a minimal amount of floral lace that floated down the dress

                                                                          Batty's dress 

We walked out of the store after setting a date for a fitting. Batty sighed. 

"I never want to do that again. It was fun but stressful." Rosy smiled at Batty. 

"I know. But I seem to remember you loving the fittings with Jane for me and Skye's double wedding."

"But that was different!" Batty protested.

"You made the perfect choice, don't worry Batty." I piped in. I could tell that was what was worrying her. 

"Besides," Jane said "We only have the bridesmaids dresses to get now. Speaking of which, we have 12 minutes to get to the salon."

"You booked both appointments for the same day!" Batty cried in indignation.

"Jane, I really don't think you could have made a more bone-headed decision!" Skye said. "But too late now." 

"I just hope we don't get someone like Colette again. She seemed a little-how to say it nicely- rude." Mom said. We all heartily agreed, and rushed to the salon, miraculously not crashing the car. When we got to the dress store, we were greeted by a world of color and a sweet elderly woman named Amy Anne. 

"Hello! And who is my blushing bride?"

"Me." Batty raised her hand, and, like at the bridal salon, shook the woman's hand. Amy Anne brought us around the salon slowly, letting us examine the dresses, and pull out the ones we liked. Batty had wanted different colors and slightly different cuts, so we didn't really have to compromise with anyone other than Batty. I must have tried on a hundred dresses! First navy blue, then green, then orange (it was pretty, but clashed with my hair). Then another navy blue one. Nothing seemed quite right. Finally, after almost 2 hours, we settled on four different dresses. Rosy's was red, Skye's blue, Jane's orange, and mine yellow. Since Rosy was the matron of honor, she had normal spaghetti straps, and the rest of us had halter tops.

 Since Rosy was the matron of honor, she had normal spaghetti straps, and the rest of us had halter tops

         Rosy's dress          Skye's dress          Jane's dress           Lydia's dress

They were the perfect choice.

^^^^^^^^^^

Authors Note

So, a long chapter and 2 pictures. It is because I love y'all, and because... THIS BOOK HAS OVER 760 VIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys sooooo much! 

Special shoutout to@Ginny4eva  for being here since the very beginning 

QOTD: Which dress is your favorite?

Comment, vote, and tell me what you think

Lots of love,

Sammie K