"I didn't," Exton rubbed his jaw. "I took her to the family jeweler and she designed her own ring."

"How romantic of you," Alec rolled his eyes as he got off the table and walked around his chair.

"Seriously, man," Exton said. "Do something more."

"Mavi and Owen are throwing us a party at their home in Juniper....that should be enough."

Exton sighed. "Okay....if you say so. If Grace complains for the rest of your married life, don't come to me about it."

"I won't," Alec laughed.

Just then, the door to his office opened and a feisty little ten year old walked in.

"Dad!" She hollered at Exton. "Adeline called me a bully....again. And mom won't listen to me so now you have to go tell her she's wrong and I'm right."

"Oh boy," Exton groaned as he got off his seat. "What did you do?"

"I didn't even hit her that hard!" Maya stomped her feet. "She ran into my fist."

"Hitting is still hitting...you understand that concept right?" Exton asked his daughter.

"She's a snob," Maya complained.

"She's your sister!" Exton tried. "Remember the time she stayed with you when you had the flu?"

"Oh good job, Adeline, you want a cookie?" Maya sassed.

"Alright, that's enough. Let's go...let's hash this out. You two can fight to the death. Survival of the fittest." Exton pushed Maya out of the office as he gave Alec a salute. He turned back to his daughter and playfully pulled her ponytail. "Why are you home from school so early?"

"It's Saturday," Maya groaned.

Alec laughed as the father daughter duo disappeared down the hall. Exton always had his handful with the girls.

As Alec turned backed to his work, there was a knock at the door. A second after, Grace walked in with her arms full of files.

"Why don't you ever bring me cookies or something?" Alec laughed watching her.

"What?" Grace shook her head. "You don't like cookies."

Alec stilled as he wondered where that had come from. She was right....he wasn't a fan of cookies. But for the past few days he had been craving freshly baked cookies like no tomorrow. Maybe it was Maya talking about cookies.....

"I have your file for your meeting with the Queen today," Grace's heel clicked on the floor as she walked over to Alec and set the folder down. "You have a lunch appointment with the council at noon and the Armory wants to know if you would like to teach the history course on the Queen's guards again for their fall semester."

"Cancel the lunch with the council," Alec looked at the file. "I already spoke to Exton just now. And tell the Armory I would love to teach the course again."

"Perfect," Grace smiled. She was about to walk away when Alec grabbed her elbow and pulled her back.

"Yes?" Grace asked as she turned her blue eyes to him.

"I miss you," Alec stood up and cupped her face.

A small smile pulled across Grace's lips as she wrapped her arm around Alec's waist, "I'm right here."

"I want you here forever.'

"You're very romantic today."

Alec pulled her face closer and brushed his lips over hers. He felt Grace's smile widen as he captured her lips and kissed her tenderly.