Moving on.. Silently (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Don't fucking touch me!" Tony cries out and Bruce came within reach.

"Tony.. I'll do everything I can-"

"Don't.." Tony's breathing hitch as he grab a hold of Bruce's lab coat.

"Don't let me burry my son.. I can't.. I can't Bruce.. not my son.. not Peter.." his breathing speeds up and his face turns paler and paler.

"Tony!" Everyone calls out as Tony's eyes rolled back and he fell hard on the tiled floors.

"Tony!!!"

********

Tony wakes up and Pepper greets him with a tired smile. Her eyes red and swollen.

"Y-You okay?" Tony ask and felt Pepper squeeze his hand.

"I should be asking you that, Tony." She sighs, not bothering to smile anymore.

"My OB did checked on me. The 1 and a half month old in my womb is hanging strong unlike his parents." Pepper places her other hand over her still flat stomach.

"That's.. good." Tony stares at her stomach.

"What happened?"

"You had a panic attack. You scared all of us there." Tony then stared at the ceiling, tears fearing to escape the corners of his eyes.

"P-Peter? Where's our kid?" His voice trembles and he swallows the dry air in his throat.

"He's right next door, in the ICU. While you're here, they finished all his tests. Bruce and the other Doctors are now examining his blood work and MRI. Helen did said that Peter's healing factor is still there. We can at least count on that. It's up to Peter now.." Tony close his eyes, letting his tears fall. Pepper wiping some away and then place her cold palm over Tony's messy hair. Slowly combing back his messy curls.

"Bruce said we can see him once you wake up. Let's go wake our Spiderbaby, Tony." Pepper says, wiping her own tears.

Pepper and Tony wear scrubs and went in Pete's room. The beeping sound was loud and he knew with Peter's hearing that will definitely wake him up.

"Hey, Pete.. you don't look so nice huh." Tony said taking his limp hand that's stab with an IV in his hand. Pepper then place her own hand over theirs.

"Hey, sweetie.." Peter's had intubation in his mouth, taped on the corner of his pale lips. His curls are unruly, sticking out all over the large white pillow under his head.

His face had no color left in 'em and if someone push one button, to just take his oxygen off.. Peter's heart monitor will go off.

"Pete.. we can talk about this, right? You're not going to leave us just like that, right?" Tony leans over his bed, combing away the curls sticking over Peter's forehead.

"You're not going to leave me like this, right? You can't do this to me, kid." Tony holds back a sob, looking up at Pepper who's wiping her tears.

"Did I fail?" Pepper quickly shakes her head, placing a soothing hand over Tony's nape.

"Tony, we're just getting started. You can't say that."

"I was never fit to be his Dad. I failed him, Pep."

"Shh.. you did not. We'll overcome this. He's gonna be okay. He will be. Talk to him, hun. He always listen to you." Pepper encourage him, rubbing circles over Tony's back.