𝐊𝐨𝐨 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐦𝐨: 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫-𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝

𝐊𝐨𝐨 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐦𝐨:

I'd say I had known her for the longest. Seunghee, the little lady who always hangs around with Woobin, Serim Hyung, Allen Hyung, Wonjin and Me, had grown into a beautiful lady. It was a big lie if I told anyone I wouldn't fall for her. actually, I had fallen for her charm, over-and-over again. It's a lie if they say I stopped falling for her. I always loved her. I've had a crush on Seunghee for years. Everybody knows Woobin never lets us date his sister. he said because he knew us to the rotten core of ours, and he couldn't afford his sister to get herself contaminated by our dirty jokes and all.

But here I am, waiting in front of Seunghee's school gate, waiting to walk her home and see her beautiful excited smile when she's about to tell me how her day goes. After she broke up with Dongyun, She didn't talk much along the way home. Sometimes, she would walk down the streets behind me, giving some physical distance between both of us. But not today, I could see her petit figure running toward the gate, waving his hand to me.

"Jungmo Oppa!" She exclaimed while running toward me when she noticed my presence.

"Look, who's happy today?" I grinned.

"It's just because Woobin Oppa told me you're gonna treat me some sweet delicacies today," She teased me with a playful grin.

"Well, let's go for some ice cream before our shift begins," I nodded and took her to the nearest Ice cream parlour from her school. wonder why I said 'our shift' instead of 'my shift' or 'your shift'? It's because we both applied for a part-time job at a huge sandwich chain flagship store located close to our neighbourhood and we got the same shift afterschool.

"Jungmo Oppa," She suddenly hid behind me. I looked at the direction she was secretly eyeing and found out her ex-boyfriend walking down the pedestrian with his new girlfriend. 

"It's okay, Seunghee ya. I'm with you," I held her hand in my palms. He didn't seem to recognise Seunghee's presence because he was quite busy with his current girlfriend, Min Sejeong.

she heaved a sigh after the couple passed by us. "He's still haunting me. I really wanted to get to know that one friend at school but he kept lingering around me," She looked down. So, there's another opponent I have to face in order to win her.F

"Should I tell Woobin about this?" I asked her, still holding her hand in mine.

"Woobin Oppa had too much to handle with all the college entrance and your dance crew," She answered and sighed again.

"But this person keeps you away from concentrating on your studies. you're graduating soon as well and you need to have the best mental and body condition. you'll get sick if you force yourself too hard," I argued as I opened the parlour door for her.

"I don't know. If you tell Woobin Oppa about this, he might get fiery. plus he would probably ask back up from Wonjin Oppa, Selm Oppa, Allen Oppa and you," She reasoned. 

"That makes sense," I nodded. "I want Strawberry Cheese Cake and Blueberry Swirl. what about you?"

"Belgian chocolate and French Vanilla for me," She pointed the ice cream she wanted. she always aims for the basics meanwhile me, I love trying new flavours.

----------

-Time Skip to Evening, after work-

We finished our shift exactly at 8 PM. I waited for her to get change and walked her back to her place. Along the way, we passed the playground, where we used to play together, and stopped for a while at the swings. I sat on the swing beside her and held her hand. her hand is so soft and delicate. 

"Seunghee ah, Joah-hae~" (Seunghee, I like you) I said as i stared into her eyes.

"O-ppa," She gasped and widened her eyes. "I..."

"Sorry, I shocked you, didn't i?" I rubbed my nape, embarrassed. "But I really do have a crush on you, Seunghee ah. It's been 10 years, I guess."

"I do like you too, Oppa," She giggled a bit. "But not in a romantic way. I always love you like I love Woobin Oppa."

"It's getting dark and chilly, let's get in," I held her hand and walked her into her flat. 

I guess that will never change. I would never be her boyfriend. She always sees me as her big brother. And I guess I had to be thankful for that.

"See you tomorrow," I waved my hand as we reached her place. I turned back and tried to reach the elevator to go up to my house. but she held my arm.

"Jung mo oppa," she paused as she looked into my eyes. "Mianhae,"

"You don't have to be sorry," I chuckled upon her small action. "We'll go to the school together with your brother and the others tomorrow morning. have a warm water shower and some sleep, kiddo."

I guess, I had to be satisfied with being brother-zoned. seeing her smiling makes me feel at ease.

--------- To be continued.