Chapter 3- New Friend

It was 10:00 p.m.

The Uber dropped me off at my favorite coffee shop- Cafecito Organico.

This coffee shop was so secretive and peaceful. It makes me forget about all my worries.

I ordered an Earl Grey Latte and sat down on a stool. I began to read a magazine while sipping on my drink.

Suddenly, I feel a person sit on the stool next to me.

"What is a girl like you doing at a place like this at 10:00 at night?" saying the guy next to me in a joking way.

I turned to see a pretty handsome boy, around 17 years old. He was wearing a beanie with a flannel shirt and khaki pants with combat boots. He had one of my favorite books- The Giver

"What is a guy like you doing at a place like this on a Friday night?" I said joking back.

"Haha, I asked you first." he said with a smirk.

"Okay haha. So I was at a wild party and needed to get time alone to think." I sighed.

"Oh bummer. I came to get some reading done. Its too loud at my house. haha. I'm Leo by the way." he held out his hand.

"You probably already know who I am." I said waiting to be asked for a picture and autograph, but was surprised when he just stared at me with a blank expression.

"Am I missing something?"

"I'm Madeline Russet."

"Oh! You're that girl with the makeup line and clothing brand. I always hear my little sisters tall about you."

"Wow. I wasn't expecting that reply. Usually people flip out."

We stayed talking until the manager told us it was closing time. He waited with me until my Uber arrived. We exchanged numbers.

On the drive home, Leo was on my mind and I couldn't help but smile.

~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed!
Vote and comment!
Lisette