Peter snaps out of it when the CEO hugs her so tight, he had to pull away a bit just to breathe in.

"Pep-"

"Don't you dare run away again young man!" She points at his face and Peter had to step back at the sudden change of her tone.

"I didn't.. I was patrolling.." The teen had to lower his head in shame as Pepper glare down at him with looks that can even make the Tony shake.

"Well not telling Tony or me where you're going and not even answering calls is called running away mister. I swear to God having one Tony is exhausting but having two of you now is going to make me insane, so please! Please don't do this to me."

"I'm sorry.." Peter was scared to say the least. He had never seen Pepper get mad at him. He had seen her yell at Tony but her aura changes when she's mad. She can rule the whole world with the demeanor. The only reason why this woman was the only one who had ever tamed the great Tony Stark. But even the great Iron Lady has weaknesses.. and one of it is..

Peter's hugs.

"I promise I didn't run away.. if I did run away I wouldn't use the Spiderman suit. I know Tony put a tracker on it. I didn't left my phone which also has a tracker on it. Karen was online all the time and she's connected to Friday. It wasn't intention, I swear! I.. I just wanted some fresh air. I'm sorry if I worried you and Tony." Peter's words where garrulous but every word was heard loud and clear. Pepper sighs, rubbing the boy's back as a silent sign of forgiveness.

"Just don't do it again.." she says.. but Peter knows.. he can never promise her or Tony that. Speaking out might conceal the lie so he just nods against Peppers shoulder as the CEO hugs him tighter. The mama bear hug that makes him release a relief sigh after.

"Boss, if you don't mind my interruption. I would like to inform that the your food delivery is here." Friday said.

"Okay, why don't I get that and you help Pepper set up bud?" Tony ruffles Peter's curls and the boy gave him a weak smile as a yes.

*********

"I thought the Avengers will eat with us?" Peter asks with a mouthful of cheeseburger. Pepper unconsciously developing the auto function with grabbing the table napkin to wipe Peter's chin and lips, wiping some smeared sauce. The sight was too amusing for Tony to not stare and smile. Taking a second to process Peter's question.

"Tony?"

"Ah, I gave them their share. They're eating downstairs in their floor. Sorry bud. Maybe next time. We.. well me and Pepper need to talk to you about something important."

Peter stills, swallowing his food as he think of all the possible things that Tony and Pepper need to talk to him about.

"Is this about school?" He asks.

"Well.. you do need to start next week bud.. but it's not that. Why don't you finish first. Then we'll put up some movie, eat some popcorn and talk about it there?"

"S-should I be worried?" Peter ask after gulping down a whole glass of juice.

"Hun, the only thing you need to worry about is finishing your chicken. You've finish two burgers and not even touch your chicken and potatoes." Pepper scolds him wiping his cheek again, making Peter whine and his nervousness completely forgotten.

"It's a surprise bud." Tony ruffles his hair again and Peter vibrated in his seat.

"Really?!" He beams at Tony and whines again as he ruffles his hair harder.