"Alright. I'll take you to your room then." Peter has a room in the compound. Ever since he started doing overnight work with Tony in the lab and dropping by when he's upgrading his Spiderman suit with Tony. The Billionaire had to fix up a room since the kid always ends up falling asleep pass 11pm.

He sat the kid down his bed and watch as Peter slowly take off his shoes.

"Mr. Stark.. w-what will happen to me now?" Peter looks down on his trembling hands and Tony quickly take them in his. Kneeling down to meet the boy's eyes.

"Hey, look at me." He lifts up his chin and wipe another tear that escape the boy's already red and swollen eyes.

"I'm still here."

"I can't let you do that. W-We're not even related Mr. Stark. A-And I'll just be a burden.. and.."

"Peter, you're no where near a burden for me. How can you say that? Plus, May already signed me up as your legal guardian. I didn't even need to do much work. Just need to make it official. You are staying here." Peter had to sniff as Tony cup both sides of his face wiping his tears.

"You can rest for now. I'll do everything else." Peter nods, lying down and allowed Tony to tuck him in.

"Sorry.." Tony sighs as he comb his curly fringe back.

"What for?"

"Just.. for taking me in.. I know you're a very busy person and I had to.." Peter's eyes well again with tears but he suck it in. Not wanting to show anymore weakness in front of his mentor.

"Shh.. I told you enough of that, kid. You will never be a burden for me. That's why I have people to do my job for me. Okay?" Peter nods, eyes feeling heavy from all the crying. Tony sat by the edge of his bed, still gently combing the boys hair back with his fingers.

"Mr. Stark.. don't leave me. Please?" Peter's words felt like knives in his chest as he stare at the boy who allowed him such emotions. Emotions he never thought he'll have. This is definitely not good for his weak arc reactor heart. Reaching out to wipe a tear that escape with the pat of his thumb.

"Right here bud. I am not going anywhere.. go sleep." He didn't know what possessed him but he knows what these emotions are. Quite frankly they are somewhat paternal.

******

"Honey.." Tony sighs, dropping his head in his hands as the a virtual monitor pop out in front of him. Showing Pepper's concern expression.

"How's Peter?" Pepper said knowing fully well the gravity of the situation right now.

Tony just got out of the boy's room to his office after what felt like forever.

"He's.. asleep and I need coffee.." Tony said instead earning a soft chuckle from his fiancé.

"I'll brew you one in the morning. Don't drink it now. You need rest. Peter needs you."

"I know."

"How's everything else?"

"I already filed you as his temporary guardian. That was not so hard since you are already requested by May Parker herself as Peter's second guardian. And also.. the funeral. I had it done as soon as possible.. I figure not to let her wait so long."

Thank God for Pepper Potts.

"When?"

"Tomorrow.. I'll send you the details. I already got your suit and Peter's. I'm guessing his size so it might not fit well but I don't want him to do the fitting for a funeral suit anyways so that'll have to do." Tony rubs his temples, running his fingers to his eyesockets the the bridge of his nose.