Chapter 38: Lee Jeno

Comenzar desde el principio

"Hi Jaemin, I'm Jeno." Jeno smiled at the angelic-looking boy.

Jeno leaned down to press light kisses on Jaemin's shoulder and up to his face, proceeding to carefully place kisses on his forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, and then on his lips. It was bittersweet. Jeno savored the last time he would be able to kiss Jaemin's lips.

"I love you, I love you a lot
I love you
I want to see you too
I need you
I want to hug you
Cause I'm not good for you
Please remember the memories behind you."

Renjun was barely getting through the words now, most of them coming out as choked sobs. Jeno watched as Jaemin used what little strength he had to lift his hand up and put it over Jeno's and Renjun's.

Renjun leaned down to kiss Jaemin softly and for as long as he could, lingering just as Jeno had. Jeno held Jaemin's hand tightly as Renjun placed his hand on the side of Jaemin's face, wiping away the stray tears.

"I'm sorry to you."

Renjun finished his song and Jaemin smiled, knowing it was the end. Jeno put smile on his face and leaned down to press another kiss on Jaemin's forehead.

"We love you Jaemin, you can rest now." Jeno whispered softly and Jaemin smiled again, looking up into his eyes.

"I'm glad that damn tattoo brought us together." Jaemin's raspy voice let out and caused the three of them to laugh slightly, trying to ignore what was going to happen in a few moments.

"You can rest now Jaems, we'll be okay." Renjun smiled again through the tears starting to flow down his face. Jeno knew that was a lie. They could never be completely okay without Jaemin. He was their missing puzzle piece.

Jeno and Renjun held Jaemin's hands and watched as he took his last breath, eyes closed, a small smile resting on his face.

They were pulled out of the room as the doctors came in to run their last tests, Renjun starting to become hysterical as the flat line bore into their heads. Jeno grabbed onto Renjun and held the boy who could no longer grasp that he would never see Jaemin laugh again. He would never see him smile again. He would never receive anymore kisses or hugs from the younger and he would never hear those snarky comebacks, those flirtatious pick up lines that always worked on the two.

Screams ripped from Renjun's throat and they sound so animalistic, so raw. Jeno could just held Renjun as he screams, he couldn't find it in himself to do anything except latch onto the other who was verbally conveying how much losing Jaemin actually meant to them. No one came to stop them.

Jeno was staring down the hallway and his eyes shifted up blankly to rest on the group of people turning down the end of the hallway.

Renjun continued to scream in pain. A piece of him eternally broken. Just as it was for Jeno.

Jeno watched, tears streaming uncontrollably down his face, as they realize that Jaemin is already gone. Jeno watched as Chenle and Jisung slid to the floor, Jisung hysterically sobbing as Chenle places ahand over his mouth, the other gripping Jisung's shirt. Jeno watched as Haechan fully realized that his best friend was gone and let out a sob as he clung to Mark who was grabbing him back with the same lost desperation. Jeno watched as Ten and Sicheng raced towards the two of them, faces red from crying, and they grasp the two boys with their own desperation.

"You can still save Jaemin."

Jeno's blood ran cold and he heard Renjun quiet down next to him almost immediately. He looked at the two boyfriends in front of them like they were crazy.