VIII

i was back in new york, love struck over jotaro. mr. joseph hated it, but mrs. suzie found it adorable.

i continued back on my school schedule, but i did have to go to summer school for the three months i missed. but i didn't mind it.

i graduated from high school early, and went to college for neurology, and of course, i graduated that early too. but i still continued to go so i could gain some extra knowledge and have more practice.

i still lived with mr. joseph and mrs. suzie. they supported me with everything they had, and i was happy to have guardians like them. my normal life started to get back on track, and i was super happy. even though i kept the ring on, my thoughts of jotaro over the next two years slowly faded away. we would only call once a month, not even. we were both so busy now, and we understood that.

three years later i was the youngest doctor in new york at nineteen years old. i became a psychiatrist, helping people out with their problems. issue enjoyed my job too. she would help me here and there, reading some minds. i didn't do it often though, only when needed.

people love coming to see me, and i'm constantly getting good reviews, and lots of money, which is besides the point. i don't do my job because of the money, i do it because i love the people. but it is pretty cool to have spending cash. also, i think many of the teens like me because i'm more around their age, so i can closely relate to them more.

my work provided me with a pretty expensive apartment since mr. joseph and mrs. suzie's home is a bit far from my work, and they were crushed when i moved out. but i still call them every single day, and talk for hours over the phone.

my apartment could get lonely at times, but issue was with me to keep me company. we actually bonded a lot, even though the people who live next to me think i'm insane for talking to myself all day, but they just can't see my stand.

it was also kind of funny that people would ask me if i was married because i never took off the ring. i would just respond with no, and tell them i was too young to get married, and it's true.

it was a cold night in new york, and i was just sitting at my kitchen table finishing up some paper work for a new patient i have coming in. she was sweet, only thirteen. her name was emmy and she seems to suffer with bipolar disorder.

i grabbed my textbook, and started to read up more on the disorder. bipolar disorder was one of my weak spots, it always was tough for me to comprehend that. i was probably going to be studying this all night.

i went to my bathroom and decided to take off my work clothes since i'll be up all night, and just get in my comfy clothes.

i wiped off my makeup and took out my contacts, and put my glasses on. i grabbed a hair scrunchie off my bathroom counter and threw my hair up in a high messy ponytail.

i walked into my room, and grabbed my plaid pajama pants and jotaros sweatshirt he gave me a few years ago. his scent was very faint on it, but it still sent butterflies to my tummy whenever i smelled it.

i made my way back to my kitchen and grabbed a big cup of water, sat down, and started to read the chapter about bipolar disorder.

i looked over at my left hand, because the light from the little chandelier hit the blue diamond perfectly, making eyes focus on my ring. i lost all focus on my work, and admired the pretty ring.

i haven't look at in awhile. it's always just been on me, and it seemed like a part of me now. i wonder when he's coming back...

then, someone knocked at my door.

my heart dropped, and i slowly got up from my chair. i made my way to the door, and opened it slowly.

it's three in the morning... what if it's not him and someone trying to break in? by why would they knock... i summon issue as i opened the door, only to see alice. "you scared me" i smiled at her as i placed my hand over my racing heart. i took alice with me to new york, because i'm currently helping her with ptsd from dio. she also brought her husband and kids. they live a few blocks down. "why are you here?" i asked, letting her in.