Chapter 12

A/N: ^ I want to remember my previous profile pic. Maybe listen to Dancing With The Devil and Spell both by NIKI? I'm kinda in my NIKI phase rn :)

———————————————————————

Yeji's Perspective

Yeji didn't want this moment to end, so she decided to stay awake the whole night. Ryujin lent her some pajamas earlier, and although her pants are slightly short, she was pleased with the scent of Ryujin. She smiles as she stares at the girl snuggled on her body, head laying on her chest. Her heart thumped like crazy, who knew Ryujin could look so cute sleeping in Yeji's arms?

Well, Yeji does.

Their legs are tangled and her arms are wrapped around the smaller girl. After hearing the details of Ryujin's past earlier today, she couldn't help but notice how fragile this girl is. Although she won't show it by hiding in this cool and popular facade, Yeji could see the struggles in Ryujin's eyes. Gosh, she could look at them forever, those swirls of deep dark honey brown can pull her down to the pits of a ravine. Because although smiles and expressions could be fake and hidden, eyes will never lie. And Ryujin's eyes? Nobody could help but be drawn to them, Yeji included. But can they analyze them as much as Yeji can?

Nope.

Everyone thinks the pink-haired girl has everything and is perfect. She's the star soccer forward. She's popular. She's cool and toned, but pretty and funny. She's caring and loving. But does everyone else know that she's also self-deprecating, humble, compliant, and unpretentious? That she tackles and endures all her worries and hardships by herself? Based on the time Yeji has been with Ryujin, she can tell how the latter never wants to get anyone included in her problems. She doesn't want to feel like a burden and selflessly gives her heart out for everyone.

How can Yeji convince Ryujin that she's worth all the things she's been awarded, if not the whole world? Yeji has made up her mind, that she'll always remind Ryujin that she's loved, that she'll never be alone, and that Yeji will always be there for when need be. Yeji's main goal is to protect and help this wonderful and beautiful girl on all her obstacles and oppressions. Nobody is going to hurt her on Yeji's watch.

"I can feel your stare. And it doesn't feel like those romantic ones in those dramas," the younger girl whispers out loud before opening her eyes.

"H—huh? Oh, you're still awake?"

"Well, I am now. But that aside, what's got my angel thinking so hard this late at night? Or should I say early in the morning?" Ryujin's eyes spark in worry and care for the older one.

"O—oh, nothing. Just, you know. How we're together like this. I'm just happy."

"Hmm... you really struck gold this time, am I right?" Ryujin smugly says but gets pushed away.

"Geez! You're so egotistical, you're the lucky one here," Yeji playfully says as she tries to wink.

The two laugh as Yeji welcomes the younger one back into her arms. Once they settle down, Yeji uses her hand and places it underneath Ryujin's chin to tilt her head up.

"Ryujin, you know I'll always be there for you, right? When you're down or sad, you can always talk to me. You're the most amazing and sweet person I've ever met and I lo—"

Ryujin places her index finger on Yeji's lips, "Shhh. Save that for another time." Then she gives a small peck to the older.

"B—but, you already said it earlier. I feel like I should too," Yeji stares at the younger with an uncertain look.