Chapter 7

Doing his best to resist the desire to take a taxi, Ouyang brought Xiao Xuan, carrying several bags in one hand of items and squeezing onto the bus to go back home; this journey was naturally once again full of countless hardships, unbearable to look back upon.

By the time they got back to the apartment, placing the bags against the walls to be sorted later, they were both panting for breath, feeling somewhat like they had completed a whole week's worth of exercise in this one day.

Ouyang wiped his sweat, running to bring the electric fan over for air. Thinking about how Xiao Xuan was unbearably tired today, but was still calling him "Teacher" with each breath, without even half a sentence of complaint, truly well-behaved, he couldn't help but look over.

Xiao Xuan was so hot that he rolled up his pant legs, truly sweating all over, trickling down and hanging onto his eyelashes; his eyelashes were very long and thick, and the sweat actually didn't immediately fall. His appearance made one's heart ache tenderly, while also thinking it was very cute; Ouyang couldn't resist reaching out a hand to help him wipe it, and he immediately responded with a dimple-revealing smile.

"You must be very tired?"

Xiao Xuan wiped his face, smiling cutely as he shook his head, "Not at all, I was very happy to go shopping with Teacher."

"You had to carry so many things..."

"I went just to help Teacher."

Ouyang thought about how he had to take a taxi whenever he went out with Xiao Ya*, even if his shoes got a little muddy Xiao Ya would get angry. Only Xiao Xuan was willing to accompany a poor teacher like him who would even think about saving a few dollars by squeezing into a bus, going to a flash sale, getting dirty and tired. ["Xiao" here is just a term of endearment added to one's name, so it's like a nickname. This is different from the "Xiao" in Xiao Xuan's name, where it is a last name.]

Xiao Ya was unwilling to eat at anywhere but a high-class Western restaurant, yet Xiao Xuan ate whatever he made, even helping to wash vegetables, cut vegetables, even wanting to learn how to cook as well.

Children from less well-off families were truly thoughtful and clever, capable of bearing hardships; thinking of this, his chest burned, and he raised a hand to touch the youth's soft black hair.

"Ai, Xiao Xuan, you're really a good kid."

There was no doubt that Xiao Ya was good-looking, and his bad temper could also be considered a sort of charm, but comparatively, Ouyang knew that the one he truly liked in his heart, was actually still Xiao Xuan.

The more they interacted, the more he felt that this kid was truly, no matter from what angle he looked, completely his idea type, without any aspects that he disliked, even chatting with him was spectacularly harmonious.

But compared to Xiao Ya who the "hard to woo" type, Xiao Xuan was simply the "wishful thinking" rank.

At least Xiao Ya was gay, but there was no way of knowing with Xiao Xuan, he was still so young, younger than him by a whole twelve years; Xiao Ya was younger than him by six years, and he called him "Uncle, Uncle*" all day, at worst Xiao Xuan might even consider him to be the same generation as his father. [*Equivalent to the younger brother of your father. It's typical in Chinese culture to call older men unrelated to you by "uncle."]

And he was even his student, not even graduated from high school. To meddle with this kind of child was simply a crime.

"Teacher, I'm kind of hungry."

"Ah, that, that's right." The two people hadn't even eaten lunch, struggling that they only got back now, even dinner time had been pushed back.

Ouyang quickly stood up and walked towards the kitchen, "I'll make food right away! Right, we just bought fried chicken, wait for me to get it and warm it, you can eat first..."