"In other words, the odds are high that there will be traps or an ambush," Tsukiko muttered bitterly. Shikamaru nodded in response.

"Listen carefully," Shikamaru said. "Hereafter, I want you to use your visual and acoustic sense to the fullest! We need to locate those guys before we get caught in an ambush. And if we come across anything suspicious, don't just dodge them, interpret them,"

"All right!" Naruto said. "When we find them, I'm going to use my new Jutsu to clobber them, dattebayo!" Tsukiko wondered if she will get to use her Jutsu this time.

"Hey!" Kiba said suddenly, sounding startled. "The enemy's smell is everywhere!" Tsukiko's eyes widened immediately.

"Everyone! Stop!" Shikamaru ordered. All seven of them came to a stop onto a branch in succession. "Take a careful look above you," They looked over at the nearest tree. "Paper bomb,"

"And in three other locations as well," Neji said. "The figuration is that of a Perimeter Barrier," Tsukiko glanced at him as Choji questioned about it.

"It's a type of Barrier Ninjutsu," Tsukiko answered. "Perimeter-type traps have a time lag and are activated when one enters the area that has been marked by the enemy. It's an advanced Jutsu... I've read about in book about B-Rank Offensive Jutsus,"

"Damn it!" Kiba said. "Our only choice is to make a detour..."

The seven of them changed their path and decided to move through that region of the forest on the ground rather than the trees. And there, they found even more traps.

"Damn, nothing but traps!" Kiba exclaimed.

"Yeah, but the enemy seems pressed for time," Shikamaru said as they all walked through the traps easily. "The traps have noticeable flaws,"

Tsukiko kept looking around to make sure that she or others wouldn't catch another trap.

"Or they could be trying to make it seem like they're bad at this and hiding more traps carefully," Tsukiko mused. "Hey, Naruto, there's a wire at your feet, Usa! We can't afford to step on them right now... Naruto, wait!"

In the glint of the sunlight, Tsukiko caught sight of another, well-hidden wire in the shadow of the first wire. Shikamaru immediately used his Shadow Imitation Jutsu to halt Naruto's movements before he could get both of his feet to pull wires.

"Shadow Imitiatio Jutsu..." Shikamaru grunted, hanging onto Choji's scarf. "M-Made it just in the nick of time!" Tsukiko sighed in relief.

"Naruto!" Kiba shouted. "I told you to be careful!" If things hadn't been so tense already, Tsukiko would've kicked Kiba and Naruto both. Shikamaru moved back and caused Naruto to do so as well.

"One of the wires is readily visible because it reflects light," Tsukiko acknowledged as she crouched down next to it. "The other wire has been coated with a matte green. It's pretty much hiding in the first's shadow,"

"So, it's very difficult to see with the naked eye," Neji said. "It's a double trap, huh?" Tsukiko nodded in response. Shikamaru looked down at the wires.

"Despite the fact that they're in a hurry, that's an elaborate trap," Shikamaru said. "Which means that..."

"That they're at rest," Neji finished. "Perhaps they got injured, or that itself could be a trap..." He put his hands into a seal. "Byakugan!" He observed the area and the rest waited for him to say something. "Caugth 'em!"

"All right, all right!" Naruto shouted, standing up and holding up a fist. "I'll drag Sasuke back without a fail!" Tsukiko wanted to use her Byakugan as well but decided to keep it so she could continue to gather her Chakra back.