Chapter 8

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

I don't know how long I have been sulking and mopping. This is extremely giving me the goosebumps. My head's pounding upon questioning and answering my own thoughts. I have always been good at prediction but this time, I certainly doubt my thoughts and myself.

I can't make a decision without getting the right intuition. I have two in mind, first, Yibo knows that I am Abacus Pendragon and he's being eager to have some time with me, alone with prior knowledge that he insisted us to meet although I said no. Second, Wang Yibo doesn't have any idea and sees me as Xiao Zhan, the employee Xiao Zhan but still that doesn't make sense. I am just a mere pretentious employee why would he exert such an effort to take time with someone like me? The second intuition is nothing but absolutely absurd. Ridiculous.

"Wang Yibo is really acting suspicious." I mumbled to myself still in disbelief and argumenting with my own thoughts however we're probably fair and square since I am being too suspicious as well- wait.

I can't believe this is possible! What if he thinks I am someone who's plotting against his favorite author and he's trying to know me and my thoughts better so he could kill me first before I got to- oh no I have gone mad!

I shake my head and drown it on the pillow, screaming and muffling words filled the room. After taking it all out, I inhaled and sat upright as I placed my coffee on the table, my desk was a mess as usual with drafts paper scattering everywhere. It's night time and the moon is brightly reflecting on my glass window, I felt easement once again almost forgotten why I was stressed out earlier.

It was an impassioned and soothing moment that could make everyone feel safe and relax. Although the world is not safe, anywhere and anyone tonight might be in danger but once you look up and sight the captivating moon, bad thoughts are now gone. I took a picture of it and uploaded it on my website putting an alluring caption. I smile when I type it out.

"The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It's always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it's a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections."

Looking down from the moon, and setting aside all the worries, I have to be concerned about my own career. Speaking about it, I've got to update on my novel tonight, if I'll be fortunate I could probably write two to three chapters until who knows how long will this take.

I bend my neck and with determination, I started writing down my thoughts conveying it to the novel that I am currently working. The frustration that I felt earlier is no longer available, I am endowed with writing and it takes all the negative feelings away putting it out on the story that I make.

Sometimes I feel like I am my own characters, putting the same attitude and personality with the main characters, my own thoughts and sometimes my own experiences apart from that are all fiction adding a lot of struggles and unfortunate events on their lives, if one day my characters will exist in real life they would've called me a slanderer, murderer, and probably Cupid.

I was very attentive and well focused as I work and didn't get to realize the time, I look up and it's already 1 am in the morning, the moon was still bright along with it's companions called stars. I finished two chapters, and one to go, I've got to update as soon as possible.

My phone suddenly vibrated which almost cause my heart attack. I hold unto my chest while reaching out my phone, realizing who the person is. I heaved a sigh.

 I heaved a sigh