Chapter 11 (A New Start)

Izumi hid behind Muzan, who just sighed as his top 3 Upper Moons bowed before him. “Izumi, I’m in no mood to play games. I gave you my blood as we have a common goal. You said you wanted to become stronger right?” Izumi nodded ever so slightly.

“You should be honored that I’m this patient with you, so you’d better obey my orders.” Muzan shot her a cold stare. Izumi remembered what happened just now, and didn’t want to end up like them. Izumi bowed before the 3 Upper Demon Moons, “It’s a pleasure to meet my superiors.” Douma just showed her his usual smile, while Kokushibo and Akaza didn’t really show much emotion.

“You’ve met Douma beforehand, he is Upper Demon Moon 2. Upper Demon Moon 3, Akaza, will help you in your physical training. Upper Demon Moon 1, Kokushibo, will help you with your swordsmanship and Douma will help you with your etiquette training. All of them will help you with your Blood Demon Technique once it’s discovered.” Muzan said.

Izumi looked up at him when she stood up, following Douma to start her training. Muzan then gave her a map that had the layout of his Infinity Fortress, all while not looking at her. “Just so you don’t get lost in your new home.”

Izumi was surprised by his kind gesture. She thought he was a cold, ruthless demon. Damn she was wrong, well partially. Muzan was this way towards Izumi, and her only. He treated her like a fragile piece of glass, a piece that determines the success of his goal. Muzan couldn’t afford losing her.

Izumi waved goodbye to Muzan with a bright smile on her face as she followed Douma for her etiquette training elsewhere. Douma met Izumi before, and decided to play with her during his teachings. Izumi just followed him mindlessly, thinking about what happened just now.

Muzan didn’t know why he was treating her so nicely. Him? The Lord of Demons treating merely a chess piece of his so nicely? He didn’t know what got over him. Sure, Izumi was an important pawn, but he had no need to treat her nicely doesn’t he? Muzan’s mind wandered off as he went back to his own study. He had so many questions. Questions he himself couldn’t answer. He let out a sigh, going through stacked documents that were placed on his desk.

He went through a document that was given to him by Hatengu, Upper Demon Moon 4. He scanned through it. Muzan was ecstatic and proud. What did the document say?

The document said that the Demon Slayer, Tanjiro Kamado, was carrying a demon on his back with him when he went on his missions. The demon could go out in the sun without fading away. Muzan had always wanted to get the Blue Spider Lily as a step closer to being perfect. Damn, Muzan didn’t even know if the Blue Spider Lily still exists.

But now that he found a demon who could go out in the sun, Muzan only needed it’s blood to be immune to the sun. He was extremely excited and set his mind on getting the Kamado siblings alive.

Izumi’s face flushed as she thought Muzan was cool and interesting, how he treated those demons, those cold eyes of his... She couldn’t help it, with those looks and how perfect he was, it was hard to resist these feelings. Izumi knew better than to get overly obsessed over a crush, but she was 18. Just who could blame her?

Izumi just followed Douma into a study with various types of books, clothing and everything else related to your normal etiquette training. Izumi learned how to be a lady since she was young, learning all that she could from her mother, Naomi Shibuya. this shouldn’t be much of a challenge for her, would it?