I bolt for the stairs and quickly race down the stair as carefully as I could to not face plant down 4 flights of stairs. I was skipping every 2 steps taking long strides to try and quicken the journey. I was panting by the time I got to the door and ran to the meal room. I got to the door and bent over gasping. Everyone in the room stopped what they was doing and looked up at me confused.

But when I didn't see Kelley anywhere I threw my hands up in the air, "Yes!" A second later Kelley bolts into the room and her mouth drops at the sight of me, "No way!" I point at her, "Suck it squirrel I win!" "How?!" Kelley exclaims while the team still look on at us. "Okay what is going on?" Alex asks as she comes up to us. "Kelley owes me coffee" I smile. "Why?" Christen asks looking between the two of us. Kelley points at me, "She somehow beat the elevator down here".

Everyone turns to me, "So you ran down 10 flights of stairs and beat Kelley in the elevator?" Christen asks. "Yep" I nod. The room was quiet for a second before Sonnett spoke up, "Are we sure she's human? I mean has anyone seen her birth cert?" The whole room fills with laughs while I wink at Sonnett before going grabbing some food. I fill up a plate before taking a seat at the young ones table. I catch up with all the younger ones for a bit and maybe plan a prank or two with Sonnett. I was talking with Mal when I saw Christen and Tobin leave the room. "I'll see you guys tomorrow" I say quickly before I throw away my trash and chase after the two, "Chris! Toby! Wait!"

They both stop and turn around waiting for me to catch up. "Hey Ellie how are you?" Christen smiles hugging me first. I smile as I hug her back, "Great. Can't wait to be back with the team for a week". "And you survived your first year of college" Tobin jokes as I hug her next. "Yep" I nod popping the p, "got by okay. Although I'm getting help due to my dyslexia. And I love playing with the Bruins". Christen moves a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "Well that's good. And if you ever need any help we'll always be here to help okay?" I smile and nod, "I know. Thanks mom".

Her hand freezes and her eyes widen a small bit. I look at her before I realise what I did. "Uh I'm um I-I h-have to go. I uh have to talk to.... Kelley? Yeah Kelley! Uh bye". I turn on my heel and bolt down the hall. "Elliot wait!" I hear behind me but I just keep running. I don't stop until I reach my room and fumble with my key card and curse when it doesn't work and it takes a minute before it turns green. When I finally get the door open I stumble in the room and drop onto the bed. My breathing was getting slightly heavy and I tried to focus on the breathing techniques that Christen taught me and remember how Jess was always able to calm me down.

After a few minute I was able to calm down and get my breathing back to normal. I quickly did my nightly routine and just as I was finished Kelley walked in the door. But her smile dropped when she saw me, "Hey is everything okay?" I barely nod and walk over to her and wrap her in a tight hug and buried my face in her neck. She sighs and kisses the top of my head while rubbing my back, "Let's get you to bed yeah?" I nod and she lifts me up and carries me to the bed. She gently puts me in the bed. She tries to stand back up but I grab onto her wrist, "Stay. Please". "I'm just going to to go get changed Ellie" she promises. I sigh and frown but let her go and she quick gets changed and brushes her teeth before she climbs into the other side of the bed and I immediately cuddle into her. She sighs and holds me close whispering some reassurances in my ear and starts to hum slightly.

The small vibrations from her chest slowly put me to sleep and I drifted off to sleep. "Night Ellie. Sweet dreams". And with that I was out for the night.

..............

I closed my eyes as felt the light breeze blow across my skin. I could feel the goosebumps  raise up on my legs not kind of regretting wearing shorts and pulled the oversized hoodie closer to me for warmth. I pulled my legs into my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs as I looked down over the city.