I instantly bowed to him, feeling his eyes through the smooth red goblin mask of his, as I handed over Tanjiro's satchel in his hand and bowed again silently before leaving without another word.

I felt like I was intruding in their private moment and I really, really wanted to leave as soon as I could. I instantly jogged my way back, still feeling a pair of eyes burning into my back.

What was this?
Why did I got involved when I fucking promised that I wouldn't—

'It won't affect the plot much'
Would it not really? Was this really okay?
Thousands and thousands of questions with no definite answer.

But one thing was sure.
I... felt good. Better than I did in years. And I really didn't wanted to know why.

Because I feared that if I did, I won't be able to let go of them.

(~<>~)

"It's strange how you can enter a building without anyone noticing you." A rough, masculine voice echoed through the roof, making an involuntary smile creep on my face.

"Who said I walked in from the front gate?" I asked back cheekily as I swung my feet leisurely.

"So, you are telling me," the man in his middle thirties sat near me, though not as on the edge as I was, "That you climbed this six-storey building?"

"I jumped, to be more accurate." I corrected him offhandedly, my eyes still fixed on bright lights of the city of Asakusa, Tokyo.

"Unbelievable..." he huffed exasperated, shaking his head as I started giggling at his expression.

"Is it really so~?"

"No," he answered good-naturedly, "With you, never. I have seen you kill demons twice your size, when you didn't even reached my shoulders. So I really shouldn't be surprised."

"Yamagata-san~!" I whined, "Do you always have to bring my height in~?"

"Well, I can't bring your age now, can I?" He huffed out a laugh when he noticed me pouting.

"I'll turn eighteen in a few months!" I reminded him, "I'm almost an adult now, so stop guilt tripping yourself about it."

"You're not old enough for all this, kid." He said quietly, making me smile wryly at him and reply, "Is anyone ever?"

"Anyway," I switched the topic instantly, not ready to dive into the age-old debate between us, "Any news on him?"

"Officially? No." He scowled as he took out a bundle of papers, "That demon bastard has no track records, no criminal records, no nothing."

I nodded at his statement, slowly reading through the bundle he handed me, "How can he, when he leaves no witnesses in."

"It's fuc—" he stumbled upon his words, instantly cutting back his swearing because of my presence, "It's very frustrating to see him walk around freely!"

"I agree," I folded back the bundle, "But we can't touch him lawfully, not to mention that it won't help much either. But it still would have been a bit advantageous if we could limit his transportation for a while. Anyway, how about his family?"

"His family is with him in the city for the last few days." Yamagata-san informed, "Though, are you sure they are not demons?"

"I'm sure." I answered back as I stuffed the bundle of papers into my almost worn-out satchel, "He will not risk breeding with a demon and creating something more powerful than him in fear of it overthrowing him off of his reign."