"I..." He started tiredly, his voice almost breaking at the next few words, "Need to go home... to Nezuko."

My heart cracked at that; this young boy was breaking away all the walls I had built around for the last seventeen years of my life in a span of mere few minutes.

"Do you want me to help you walk?" I asked soothingly as I caressed his head gently. He reminded me so much of my little sister...

"N-No," he stuttered slightly, trying to slowly get up, "I... I can go on my own. Thank you so much, Miss...?"

I smiled up at him as I watched him trying to get up on his feet, but failing to do so. "Let me help you, young boy. You seem a little too tired to march around unattended. Not to mention this bag you are carrying," I gestured towards his white satchel tugged near me, "Is quite heavy. And the Sun is almost down the horizon too..."

He slowly looked up at the sky, the beautiful coral colours greeting his sight as he evaluated my offer.

"Please." I politely stressed as I got up on my own feet and looked down at him once more. He slowly nodded at me, accepting my offer, albeit reluctantly.

I offered him a hand, noticing how calloused his own hands were as he grabbed my own. I pulled him up as gently as I could, placing his arm over my shoulders and wrapping my arm around his waist.

I think I saw him blush slightly, but I wasn't sure if it was real or just the play of the fading sunlight. Anyway—

"Where is your home, young man?" I asked softly as I helped him walk forward, towards the mountain in front of us.

The thing was, I vaguely knew where Urokodaki lived, but I wasn't sure of the exact location— more like, I didn't allowed myself to be sure of it. I was curious enough to just roam around this area every once in a few months to catch a glimpse of the characters— unfortunately, I got my wish granted, against my better judgement.

Tanjiro nodded slightly, and softly instructed me the way as I helped him walk. With his stick on his right hand and his left arm on my shoulder, we got to the mountain base pretty quickly. The burgundy-haired boy didn't speak much, so didn't I, as we slowly neared Urokodaki's home.

'Will my presence change anything...?' I wondered silently as the small house came into view, 'I don't even remember what happens now'

Suddenly the front door of the house was kicked down, making me and Tanjiro freeze in surprise. Tanjiro's eyes widened as he saw his younger sister walk out the front door. He gasped audibly, almost falling over from my grip as he tried to run his way down towards his sister.

"Nezuko!" He yelled happily, "You... You're awake?!"

Nezuko instantly walked towards his brother once she noticed him, cradling his head tightly as she hugged him. I removed his arm from my shoulder, moving away as he hugged his sister tightly and sobbed into her shoulders.

"Why..." he whimpered loudly, "Why'd you fall asleep all of a sudden? Never waking up once! I was worried you were going to die, you know?!"

Tears welled up in my eyes again, making me almost choke back a sob. These siblings... These poor children.

My breath hitched as I felt another aura— the familiar, smooth, but gentle wave of water. I turned to see Urokodaki slowly walking towards the pair of siblings.