Chapter Five : Reminiscence

Muichiro's PoV: 

She left me standing there. What doesn't she want me knowing? She's so hard to read sometimes. I think I should get her something to make up for it. It isn't going to be easy since we've never had a fight in our years together. She seemed to really like those steamed buns. I'll get her a bunch... Still, I'm worried about her. I know prying into her privacy is a real asshole move but my gut feeling says it's something that I should be aware of.

Y/n's PoV: 

I left him. I ran all the way back to our shared estate. I ran to the bedroom, locking the door behind me. I curled up into a ball with my futon. He held my wrist... That was too close of a call. He almost found out... What was I gonna do if he found out? I would be such a burden... I soon started sobbing. I haven't cried this much since Mom... Mom... wouldn't want to see me like this. I'm a burden to even dead people, huh Mom... I smiled. But this time it wasn't fake or forced. But a genuine one.

The thought of how me, my dad, and mother used to live our lives happily. Even if dad trained me to hell, his love for me was more than what his heart could contain. He was the most kind-hearted man I could think of. He trained me as if he was the devil himself, even putting me in a forest full of demons and having me to escape all on my own, but he still loved me then. When mom died, I was the only one to help him with the grief. Even It hurt to, I smiled for him. And even if he's still healing from the death that took place six years ago, I believe I can still help him to the best of my ability. I still remember the proud smile he had when he found out I was officially a demon slayer. I promised Dad I would visit him at least once a month and haven't broken that promise yet. Even if it tires me to the bone, I will smile for his sake because I love him and I will not let him die. No matter what. 

I need to stop this reminiscing. My lost perception of time won't get me anywhere. 

That's when I was hit with a memory. A song long forgotten after that day six years ago... 

"Cause it feels like yesterday was a year ago. but I don't wanna let anybody know...

Those words left my mouth. I didn't remember what that song was called but it felt so familiar... 

That's when I heard a knock on the door and the smell of steamed buns flooded my nostrils.

A/n the song is everything I wanted by Billie Eilish tbh I was listening to that while writing this and was like ehh lets chuck in a mystery or two-