Chapter 1

In the street
filled with flowers,
I saw you today as well.
Would it be possible
to carry it inside me?

Taehyung's feet automatically brought him to a park

"It's been many years since the last time I got here," he muttered to himself.

Then he remembered what happened years ago...

A seven-year-old Taehyung is happily shouting as he started to run.

"I'll get you caught, Taehyung!" his father answered.

"Run, Taehyung-ah, run!" his mother shouted.

He run and run, until he heard a loud thud. He turned around and saw his father lying down on the ground. He quickly go to him, only to find out that his father is not breathing anymore.

"Appa..." he whispered, after looking back at that tragedy again.

He was about to walk away, but he felt tired searching for some places. He's a photographer. He needs to take pictures for his portfolio, which is the beautiful sceneries in their place.

He looked up and saw a sun that is setting. He look amazed. It is not just an ordinary sunset with yellow, orange, and red colors. Instead, the sky is filled with pastel colors like pink, lavender, and cerulean.

He sat on a bench, took a picture of the sunset in different distances and angles.

"Perfect," he muttered as he take a look at the photos.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

He became slightly surprised when someone spoke beside him. He didn't notice her at first though.

"Yes, it is," he replied.

"Did you just moved here? This is the first time that I saw you."

"No, we used to live here for years. Now that I have a job, I'm living in a condo."

She nodded and asked again, "So you're visiting your parents that's why you're here?"

He took a deep breath before replying, "They died years ago. I just didn't sell our house, and I go here whenever I miss them."

"Oh, sorry about that."

"It's fine. My father died in this place, and I blamed myself for what happened... We played that time. I told him to chase me, which caused him to slipped and hit his head." He can't stop himself from telling it, even though they just met a while ago.

"Of course, it was sorrowful for us," he continued. "To the point that my mother's not taking care of herself. She's also pregnant to my sister that time. Before she was born, she died. Then weeks later, my mother also passed away because of different complications." He felt that tears are streaming down on his cheeks.

"I'm really sorry about your loss. I shouldn't have said and asked that," she shyly said.

"It's fine. How about you? I'm sure you have a complete and happy family."

She smiled but misery was visible in her eyes, "I wish it could be like that, but it's not."

His eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"My mother died when she gave birth to me. Then my father started being alcoholic and addicted to gambling which caused the downfall of our business. He blamed and hurt me. I am petrified, to the point that I always locked myself in my room. As a way of escaping, I go here." Even her, can't stop herself from tearing.

Taehyung didn't know what to do, so he just patted her shoulder, "I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, too. I think we're even 'cause I made you cry also," she stated which made them laugh.

"Okay, enough with the drama. I noticed that there are so many changes here in the park," she opened another topic.

"Yes, it became cleaner. More trees and plants were added too," he added. "Even us, this park changed us."

She looked at him for a while, until she got what Taehyung wants to point out and nodded. "It changed us to be a better person..."

"Right."

"But somehow, this park gave me good memories. We celebrate here some special events of our lives."

"So are we, we used to play and bond here. Not until that tragedy came..." Taehyung said, but he whispered the last line.

"There you go again! I don't know your parents personally. But wherever they are, I know they are proud of you."

He didn't answer, he just smiled too and nodded. He then saw a kid who stumbled while running with his playmates.

"Jino!" someone shouted.

Taehyung stood up and quickly helped the kid. "Be careful, Jino. Are you hurt?"

The kid shook his head and smiled to him. He went back to his playmates like nothing happened. Taehyung also smiled and went to the bench.

The girl she is talking to clapped and gave him a thumbs up.

He smiled. "Just learned a lesson."

"I have a question... After what happened to your parents, who adopted you? I'm sure you were just a kid that time," she stated.

"My father's sister and her husband. They don't have a child, so they're wholeheartedly willing to take care of me. They provided my basic needs and paid for my tuition fees. I've decided to live on my own when I had my job, but I didn't forgot to give back what my second parents have done to me."

She smiled and commented, "Happy to know that you're in good hands."

"By the way, we're talking for almost an hour and talked about our lives. Yet we don't know each other's names," Taehyung said when he realized something.

"Oh shoot, I forgot it not until you said it. My name is Skylar."

"I'm Taehyung."

Again, the two burst in laughter. In all things that they will forget, is the most important thing in a conversation.

"Alright, Taehyung. I have to go, nice to meet you," Skylar permitted.

She was about to walk away but stopped when she felt that someone hold her arm.

Taehyung was about to say something but Skylar got it, "Don't worry, I'm going to be okay," she assured and gave him a smile.

"Okay. I guess I need to go home, too. Thank you for the time, Skylar."

"Thank you too. If you have some time, we can meet here again."

"Sure. Same time?"

"Same time. Bye, Taehyung!"

"Alright. See you, Skylar!"