"Draco,"

"Yes?" He called from the bathroom.

"Do you think we can have a party on New Year's eve with our friends?"

Draco popped his head out the bathroom door with a perplexed look on his face. "What kind of party?"

"Well, to celebrate the new year. Celebrating us together, Ginny and Harry expecting, George and Angelina. Blaise would, of course, be invited, and anyone else you would want to invite. Just a couple of people that are close to us to bring in the new year. The new start to our lives."

"I don't see why not, though it is coming up rather fast."

"Well, I can get it all gathered together and then send it all out today."

"If you want to have a party, dear, I would most certainly like to come."

"Then, it is settled." Hermione got up from the bed, went over to her desk, and started writing everyone down that she would need to owl today. This was certainly short notice, but if all her friends could come, that would be incredible.

***************************************************************************************

Hermione has been thrilled that all her friends wanted to come celebrate the new year with her. Ron has even said that he may swing by. Hermione didn't know that it took a lot of effort and persuading on Harry and Ginny's part, but she was excited that he had even agreed. 

"Draco do you think we should have bought more food? There are going to be a lot of people here tonight and I am not sure we picked up enough."

Draco looked at the counter in front of him, he couldn't even see it under all the plates of food and bowls of snacks Hermione has prepared. "Dear, I promise it is enough. We have plenty."

Hermione hadn't hosted a party in a while and she was getting nervous about it. It was just months ago that she wasn't even making it to things that she was invited to and now she was throwing a full-blown party herself. 

"Why don't you go take a bath to calm down and I will finish everything else up. By the time you are ready everyone should be arriving. It is going to be alright Hermione, everything looks wonderful."

"Alright," Hermione headed into her room and drew herself a bath. While the tub filled up she laid out the clothes that she wanted to wear and then sunk into the warm water. She often over-thought most things in the bath, and this time was no different. She loved being with Draco and their discussion about children just last week has caused her to think more and more on the matter. She felt ready now to take those steps, but she truly felt that she wouldn't have been if it wasn't for Draco. What about him made her feel so different? When she thought about all of this is made her feel a mix of emotions. She was happy because Draco made her feel that way. Excited about what the future held for her. Scared that it was all too good to be true and that she would be left heartbroken. And most of all at this particular moment sad that she never had this with Ron. She had loved him for so long and she wished that it had worked out some days. It seemed like they should have been together, and yet here she was with someone so opposite her. 

"Hermione." Draco was knocking at the door and she opened her eyes. "Are you alright it has been over an hour?"

"Really!" She jumped out of the tub and quickly dried herself off. "I'll be right down."

"It is just Ginny and Harry so far, so don't panic." Draco shook his head and laughed to himself. She really had lost all sense of time he thought. Perhaps that was the real reason why she was always at work so late. She couldn't sense time passing around her. 

"She alright?" Harry asked Draco as he walked back into the living room. 

"Just lost track of time is all."

"Of course she did." Ginny laughed. Around 20 minutes later Hermione entered the room with most of her friends. She kicked herself for not being with Draco through everyone arriving.

"Heard you lost track of time," George winked at her and she smiled. 

"How have you been George? Wedding planning going alright?"

"It is extensive, and I am properly useless when helping Angelina."

"Why's that?"

"I could care less about the stuff, I just want to marry her."

"Well dear that is probably the nicest thing you have said about me this week," Angelina kissed George's cheek and smiled at Hermione.

"So I suppose I should ask you how it is all coming together then?"

"Great, Molly has been a big help, and I think we are pretty much done. Now to just do it."

"That is great. I am really happy for the two of you."

"Thank you all for coming! I am so happy that everyone got to come and spend this time together. I hope everyone has a happy New Year." Hermione was leaned into Draco standing at the front of her living room talking to her friends. It was almost midnight and she could tell that this upcoming year was going to be a good one.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!" Everyone shouted and Draco leaned in and kissed Hermione. She smiled at him as they looked into one another's eyes and Draco had never been so sure about anything that he wanted this person in his life forever.