The Midnight Deamon

Preface

I don't know how I got here. Not in a literal way, because I got here by a bus. I mean how did it happen to me. A week ago I didn't care about the history of the world, but now it seems I had become part of the history myself.

My heart was torn by my grief and my passion. My passion for him and my grief for his soul. He didn't deserve to have his soul taken. He deserved a choice. I didn't.

I was cruel to him. He was so nice but I wasn't.

"I know you're out there, Egyptia. Come in to your doom." he said calmly.

I took a deep breathe and stepped in.

Chapter 1

"I don't want to go to school today, Myra! Why can't I stay home?" I asked, furious.

"Because, Egyptia, not doing your project is not a reason to stay home. Besides you want to go to the dance tonight, right?" she said.

"I do," I said trying a new tactic, "but don't you want me to get and A on the project? You said so yesterday."

"I did but I didn't mean by cheating. So go upstairs and get your but in gear before you get yourself grounded." she countered.

"Fine," I said, giving up, "but it's your fault that I won't get an A."

"Whatever," she said, turning around to do my lunch.

I groaned and stomped up the stairs.

My room was all pink. I had a pink bedspread, pink curtains, pink furniture, and of course pink clothes. There were a few odds and ends in my closest that weren't pink but comfortable enough.

I changed out of my purple, cotton pajamas, into a retro but cute, tie die tank top and a pair of black, super skinny jeans that hugged my perfect figure.

I had a drop dead diva look to me. I had a slim, tall figure, and guys drooled over me. My hair was wavy, jet black, and long. My eyes were a strange violet color. And I was born with a tan.

I put my hair up in a pony tail and put on some black eyeliner and mascara. I grabbed my backpack and headed down the stairs into our white, marble kitchen. Myra was making my sandwich and had her ear buds in.

I walked around her, to the pantry and grabbed a box of Lucky Charms, and sat on the counter. I watched her bob her head up and down for a minute then tapped her on the shoulder.

She jumped and got mayonnaise all over her black shirt. "Why the heck did you do that?" she asked. She peered down at her shirt and exclaimed, "Crap. This was my good shirt."

I jumped down from the counter and grabbed my laptop in silence. My backpack was mostly filled with project supplies but I had enough room to fit my laptop in without squishing anything.

"Karma, Myra. Karma." I said and walked out the door listening to her swearing like a sailor.

The bus was reaching the front of our house by the mailbox when I walked out, laughing. I jogged to the end of the driveway and jumped on.

"Egypt! Over here." a voice called. It was impossible to miss her bottle blonde hair. It had fat red streaks running through it.

"Hey, Kayla." I said.

"Your plan didn't work did it." she said studying my expression.

"No. She said that she didn't want me cheating."

"Wow, she pulled the guilt trip on you."

"Tell me about it. One minute I was winning the argument then she says i'd be cheating by doing that. I just gave up. She always wins, though. I don't know what I was thinking."

"Well at least you tried. I wouldn't dare face my mom like that."

"That's because, A, I don't have a mom and B, you're terrified of your mom."

"That's true. Myra's not that bad, though." There was a short pause and we broke out in laughter.

"She can be a push-over sometimes," I said, "but she sticks to the rules when it comes to school."

"She has to have something to stick to. Besides she's a teacher at the university."

" Whatever. I still don't like her."

By then we were at the school (a giant intimidating building with discolored red and gold letters saying: MARSONS CAPITOL HIGH). I had spent the past four years of my life at this prison of a school. I was only going to spend one more year here.

There were students slowly filing in the front doors of the creepy school. Kayla and I started to get crushed by the crowd as a horde of people started crowding around us asking questions like "what color is in?" or "what color should I like?". My answer to both was pink. But one question intrigued me. "Can I have the new boy, Egyptia? He's cute"asked a shy red headed girl.

"What new boy?" I asked. I didn't like being out of the loop.

"He arrived this morning. I saw him in the office." replied the red head.

"What does he look like?" I asked. The boys started to walk away at that. They hated it when the girls were talking about guys.

"He has brown hair and dark eyes and he was wearing a very tight shirt so I could see his abs. He has a six pack." said red head.