“C'mon, let's have lunch and then me and you can play. Outside.” Zale started to jump, completely happy, but Nabu had something else to say. “But you're taking a nap today. Yesterday you were lucky you didn't, today, not so much.” Nabu smiled, seeing Zale sad again. Both Aisha and Nabu know that Zale hates taking naps as he only wants to play.

“Where did--” Aisha was cut off by Nabu. He whispered something in her ear and her mood changed. “Oh... Uhm, Flora, we're going to eat now. We'll be downstairs, okay?”

“Oh, okay.” Flora took Lilian up in her lap as she patiently waited for her husband to come out any time from the bathroom. He eventually did come out, but he didn't have a happy expression either.

He sat next to Flora and calmly rested his head on her shoulder. Flora didn't mind at all, and she pulled him closer with one of her arms, while the other was on Lilian.

“Daddy?” Lilian softly whispered, reaching out for her father's hand. Helia appreciated the gesture as he took his daughter's hand, and started rubbing his thumb around her little hand. Flora felt broken to see Helia so silent. What must have happened to him?

“Daddy loves you, Lili, you know?” Helia replied, lifting his head from Flora's shoulder. He looked at both his wife and daughter, two things he loved the most in the whole world and their presence made him feel a bit better.

“I love you too daddy!” Lilian hugged Helia very tightly, but he didn't mind because he needed it. A knock on the door got the three's attention.

“Sorry! Forgot to get Lilian to have lunch too! C'mon Lilian, the other kids are waiting downstairs. On the menu, we have pizza and salad!” Aisha told while waving her hand for Lilian to follow her. The little girl went, very excited to eat, and, before Aisha left too, she smiled at Flora, hinting a stroke of good luck.

After the door closed, the room fell down in silence. Helia grabbed Flora and embraced her. Flora silently gasped, but she still hugged him too, as she didn't understand yet what must he be going through but Aisha and Nabu seemed to know already.

“Talk to me, Helia. Whatever is going on, we'll get through it, okay love?” Flora delicately suggested while slowly rubbing Helia's back, to help him calm him down.

“Flora... I-It's my mother. On the way back here, I got a call from my father. She's sick and doctors can't do much.” A few tears dropped from Helia's eyes and Flora knew he was crying when she felt those warm tears on her shoulder.

“Helia, I'm so sorry!” Flora kept rubbing his back, as he was busy crying on her shoulder. “Maybe I can help with my healing spells?”

“You could try, but it won't be much useful. Her illness is terminal and the intervention of fairy magic has very little chance of total survival.” Helia lifted his head, his puffy eyes looking into Flora's emerald ones.

“I'm so, so sorry.” Flora gently placed her hands on his cheeks, cuffing his face. “I'm here for you. You'll not get through this alone, okay? One of our vows was that we got each other. That means I got you forever, no matter what.” Flora was able to make at least Helia reveal a smile.

“When I met you, I had no idea I would've loved you this much.” Flora chuckled, and Helia leaned in and kissed her softly.

“I love you, Helia. So much, words can't even explain.”

~~~