𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

Zacznij od początku

"oh, it was my sister beth," jo speaks up as her mother holds her hand.

"we all play, a little," amy says, placing down her plate.

"i play, but not nearly as well as her," you speak up and laurie hold your hand tightly.

"it is very hard to lose a sister. i'm sorry." everyone pauses for a moment and you can feel the tears in your eyes.

"do you play?" mr. march speaks up.

"yes, i do." fredrich smiles.

"it would make us so happy if you play now." marmee's voice breaks as she speaks. "she wouldn't want the piano to sit silent."

"i don't wish to offend..." fredrich trails off, glancing at the instrument again.

"not in the least." fredrich gets up and plays a bach piece. it's beautiful and elegant. jo watches, moved and deeply happy and grateful. pride swells in her chest as she looks at him adoringly. laurie puts his arm around you, and you rest your head on his shoulder as he rubs your back.

"it was so lovely to meet you!" you say, moving to kiss both of fredrich's cheeks.

"bye, laurie." fredrich says, grinning.

"goodbye." laurie says, stern-like but softly smiling. everyone takes turns bidding him farewell until it's jo's turn.

"if you ever come to california, i would love to see you."

"i don't know that i will but, thank you." everyone stands by the stares, watching their interaction. you want to facepalm at her admission, but you continue to smile.

"well, yes...goodbye." fredrich looks hurt, but accepts her thanks. he kisses her cheeks softly and leaves.

"goodbye." jo whispers as the door closes. she turns around to see everyone smiling at her, as if they know something she doesn't. amy laughs, as her hands cover her mouth and you elbow her in the side.

"what? why are you all looking at me like that?" jo questions, oblivious.

"what a wonderful man. i hope he comes back, he would be a terrific friend for me." mr. march teases, making amy cry out, "oh, father, he wasn't here for you!"

"no?" mr. march asks, jokingly.

"jo, you love him!" amy exclaims.

"what! no-no i don't!" jo stutters.

"yes you do! i am half as smart as you but i can see it to plainly, you love him." amy says, not letting up.

"she's right you know," you add in as laurie grins beside you. you turn to your soon to be grandfather-in-law, and ask him, "doesn't she love him?"

"that's a good instinct, you love him."

"i have never seen you so happy, what else is love?" amy says with a large grin.

"you need to go after him," you add, turning to laurie and shaking him. "laurie! prepare the horses, we can catch him before he gets on the train."

"i'm coming too," meg says, excited.

"yes!" amy exclaims.

"no, i'm not going!" jo says defiantly, still standing by the door.

"yes you are! amy and [ y/n ] are right!" meg grabs her coat and you follow behind her and amy follows behind you.

"i never thought i'd prepare a carriage to help jo march chase a man, but i like it." laurie says. you kiss him on the cheek and hurry to grab jo's hand.

"he's moving to california!" she says as amy shoves her in her arms.

"that was fiction! he was practically begging for a reason to stay," amy whines.

"but it's raining outside." jo says, coming up with excuse after excuse.

"oh, that doesn't matter! can you come with me? i need to fix you," amy says, grabbing one of jo's arms and you follow.

"LAURIE! WOULD YOU STOP STANDING THERE? GO GET THE HORSES ALREADY!"

"yes, my love." you push him lightly off the stairs so he isn't leaning anymore and he jumps into action.

"thank you!" you sigh, trailing jo and amy with meg close behind.

you, meg, amy and jo are all in the carriage, making top speed through the rain. you arrive at the train-station, hurried throwing open the door.

"alright, go! out, out!" amy says as she pushes jo out.

"go! go! go!" meg screams.

"jo, your hair!" amy says, about to leave the carriage but you pull her back.

"kiss him with love!" you add, laughing.

and the rest is history.

IRENE SPEAKS 🥺🤠

guys, this is sadly the last chapter of this book before the epilogue. i have literally enjoyed this book so much and it's the first one that i've ever completed so yay!! i just wanted to say thank you so much to all the people that have supported me FROM THE BEGINNING and everyone who has supported me in any way at all. i love all of you and thank you all so much for 24.7k+ reads and over 1.4k votes! it means the world and i never even dreamed of getting this big. thank you so much, and i can't wait to publish the last chapter.