Part 6 | Home & Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

"What are we?" Harry finishes her question.

"Uhm, yeah."

"We're just us, yeah? No need to label anything right now."

"Uhm yeah, okay..." her voice trails off. She's not sure how she feels about that answer.

"If it helps, I have absolutely no intentions of being with anyone else, you're all there is for me." Aurora smiles at the admission. There's a feeling in her chest that makes her want to keep asking Harry, ask him what that really means, but she doesn't.

"Well, the same goes for me." She says eventually. "Okay, so now that that is out in the open, bring on Anne and Gem," Aurora adds enthusiastically, trying to sound normal.

"Hah alright, we'll see you in a bit yeah?" Harry chuckles.

"Mhm, but for the record I'm still nervous as shit."

"They already love you, don't worry about it okay? There's no pressure whatsoever."

When Harry walks into the green room, Anne and Gemma trailing behind him, he has a hot to go coffee cup in his hand. The fresh latte that is now in her hands distracts Aurora for a moment. The light kiss to her lips erases her mind completely, nerves washed away.

"Aurora, this is my mum, Anne and my sister, Gemma," Harry introduces her to them, a light touch of his hand at her back. "Mum, Gems, this is Aurora."

"Oh, it's so lovely to meet you, dear," Anne says sweetly, before pulling Aurora into a hug.

"Hi!" Gemma greets brightly once Anne pulls away. Aurora is pulled into another hug.

"Hi!" Aurora smiles back at both of them. "Happy to meet both of you. How was lunch?"

They continue the normal conversation about their lunch as they walk to Harry's dressing room. Aurora thanks Harry for the latte and presses a kiss to his cheek when Anne and Gemma aren't paying attention for a moment.

"So how are you liking being on the road?" Anne asks Aurora while they all get comfortable in the dressing room. Aurora opts to sit in the single arm chair that's placed next to the couch.

"It's different, but I'm really liking it. I never traveled much growing up so it's been amazing to see all these new places." Harry's decided to sit on the armrest of aurora's chair and she looks up to him with a questioning look.

"What?" He asks with a short chuckle.

"What do you mean 'what'? Go sit on the couch with your mom," she answers. She turns back to Anne who is sitting on the couch. "Whenever I came home during school breaks or something she would, well she still does, make me sit next to her on the couch or restaurant or wherever we were. Always says she needs to make the most out of having time with me." Aurora looks back up to Harry who hasn't moved yet. "Go on, then," she encourages motioning to Anne and the couch.

Once Harry sits down on the couch next to his mom he relaxes and lets his head rest on her shoulder. There's an instant change in his demeanor. She can't put a finger on it exactly. It's almost like his extra confident exterior breaks down. A boyish grin appears on his face as Anne pats his knee.

"Quite like her so far," Anne whispers to Harry but Aurora catches it, just barely and smiles to herself.

"Mum, think she might've heard you," Gemma points out with a laugh. Anne shrugs and smiles at Aurora. "What's your favourite place you've been to so far?"

"Spain," Harry answers for Aurora.

"Hey," Aurora whines, "pretty sure Gemma was asking me."

"I know that Ror, but I also know Spain was your favourite."