As she tossed the heart to the floor, Uthred found himself jumping from intensity of her words. Skade saw the fear in his eyes and could not help but to smirk at the way she had him in the palm of her hand. When no one moved, she turned to her man and sternly said, "go."

She than moved forward toward the Dane Slayer with a wicked grin, "it is you who are my prisoner now, Uthred."

"Seize her," the words were calm out of his mouth as he stared at the eyes of the serpent like witch. When no one moved he more urgently spoke, "I said seize her Sihtric. Now! Bind her hands!"

"I have aligned myself with the three spinners of fate and taken hold of your life," Skade confesses. "You belong to me now."

"And her mouth," Uthred stared as the witch continued.

"You path is the path that I choose for you Uthred Ragnarsson. And your spirit is mine to torment."

He felt trapped in her gaze as his men grabbed her and tied her hands behind her back and placed a cloth in her mouth, to stop her from speaking more. Yet, she stared intensely at him, daring him to look away, forcing herself inside of his mind and controlling him.

"Cover her eyes," he breathed heavily and once Finan slammed his hands across of her blue eyes he felt released from her hold. It was in that exact moment that everyone heard the yelling of a female voice not to far from where they all stood.

The men, Uthred, Finan and Sihtric, all shared a knowing look, terrified of what was to come. Was the voice a spirit that was confirming the curse that Skade had placed upon Uthred?

"My Lord!"

Osferth came rushing into the hall, the door banging against the wall. He appeared out of breath as he looked at the others in the room, "there is a woman!"

"Yes," Finan drawled out before given the witch a firm shake, "we have her."

"No," Osferth stared, before looking to Uthred, "about a mile away, she is screaming for help!"

Uthred looked to his men before nodding his head, "Finan, you and Osferth stay here with Skade. Sihtric and I will go find this woman in need."

They all nodded in agreement and went on their separate ways, Finan and Osferth taking Skade out of the church and placing her on to a horse, with her hands tied infront of her. Uthred and Sihtric took off into the fields, following the sounds of the screaming woman. They ran quickly, keeping low as not to alarm the girl and to not have their cover blown. They did not know if this was a trap in place by the witch Skade.

Uthred was the first to spot the girl with golden hair, he watched for a minute as she ran in circles calling out for help. She appeared to be just another village girl, lost and in terror. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean, but no where near as fierce as those of Skade. Hers appeared to be almost calming to gaze upon, where as Skades had left him frozen in terror.

"What. The. Fuck," the girl had called out as she was glancing down at herself. He watched as she fiddled with the skirts of her dress, as if inspecting them.

"How lady like of you," he finally stood, his sword in hand and pointed at the women, in case this was all a plow against him.

Her hair flung through the wind, catching the suns rays and blazing a vibrant yellow. It shined as bright as gold and he found himself entranced by it, suddenly wishing to be able to run his fingers through the locks.