Chapter 5

My eyes flutter open slightly and I look around, trying to stay quiet. 

It looked like everyone was back to normal, no wings and no dark eyes. The older girl and younger girl were arguing. I closed my eyes and tried to listen to their conversation.

"But V, we don't know anything about her!! She could be a threat to us, or even a hunter!"

"Diana, calm down. Even if she were a hunter, we should still keep her, get information out her. But I don't think she's a hunter. She's too puny and afraid."

Then a male voice piped up, "Not too mention that she didn't try to attack us." I opened my eyes just a little to try and see who said that, but instead I caught the gaze of the youngest little girl. 

She just smiled at me and her light blue eyes gleamed with innocence. She probably had no idea what they were talking about. I wonder if she's one of them too or if she is a prisoner .... 

Just then the older boy walked through a door in the back of the room. He was shirtless and I caught myself staring at him despite the current situation as he put a black shirt on effortlessly as he walked into the room. I saw the little girl tug on his hand, excited, and looking at me like I was a new toy she couldn't wait to play with.  He picked her up and held her in one arm, looking at her lovingly. 

The girl made an attempt to whisper, but it just ended up coming out in a high pitched squeak for everyone to hear: "She's awake!"

She covered her mouth, then giggled, while everyone else's eyes snapped to me. 

I sat up slowly, my eyes widening a little adjusting to the light, trying to take in everything around me. Then the older boy sat the little girl down and sauntered over to me, kneeling in front of me.

Slightly terrified, I backed as far against the wall as I could get. I could feel my heart racing. He squinted his eyes at me, staring at me, looking me up and down. I was frozen in place, but my thoughts were roaming all over the place.

What is he going to do to me?! 

Is he going to hurt me? Hit me? Kill me?! 

What do they want with me???

I was snatched out of my thoughts when the younger boy flinched and spoke up. 

"Mars, cut it out. You're scaring her."

He scowled and stood up. "Get up."

I did as he said, holding onto the wall behind me. The little girl came up behind him and tugged on his pants. 

"Don't hurt her, brother. She's really pretty and she seems nice." Her little lip quivered and it almost looked like she was about to cry. 

He sighed and rubbed his hand over his face, seeming to relax a little. Looking at the little girl one more time, he rolled his eyes and strung out the word "Alright." Turning his attention back to me, he said "I'm not going to hurt you... Who are you?"

Swallowing back a little bit of my fear, I stuttered out "M-my name is Anna Lee." 

The older girl and sneered and turned her nose up at me. "You're Anna Lee? The way Nana was talking, you were much prettier." She scoffed and plopped down on the couch laughing. 

Confused, I took a step towards her. "How do you know her?"

That shut her up. She stopped laughing and cautiously looked to the rest of the group. No one said anything. 

Mars stepped towards me, making me stumble back against the wall. "That's not something you need to know."

I frowned. It was my turn to ask questions. "Who are you people? No, no you're not even human. What are you? How the hell did you get in here?"