Sighing in disapproval, he frowned at Luna, who merely looked back at him with a hint of amusement on her face.

Theo then mindlessly sifted through his papers, wanting to appear busy, but his eyes constantly gazed on the woman sitting a few feet away from him. He thought the paintbrush stuck through her hair was ridiculous, and he was thoroughly distracted by the black streak on her chin. It was driving him insane.

"I see you finally started painting the ceiling black," he commented.

"I still think it is too dark for a library," she pointed out, munching on her third treacle tart. "But I do have plans to amend that."

He lifted an eyebrow, his interest piqued. "And what, pray tell, are your plans?" he asked, genuinely curious.

Luna gave a dreamy smile. "Do not concern yourself about it, Theo," she assured. "Rest assured the Nott tradition will be kept, but with my few additions."

He scowled at her secrecy, but knew she'd start talking cryptically if he probed further. If he recalled clearly, Luna Lovegood liked to give metaphors and riddles back in Hogwarts and he had no time for any guessing game. Although the papers were really just props and used as an excuse to stay in the library, it had been quite a busy day and Theo wanted to rest.

"I heard about Draco," she then said, breaking the silence. "That was very brave of him."

He looked at her in surprise. "Where did you hear that?" he asked. Besides the Nott Manor, Luna hadn't stepped foot anywhere in Magical London.

Her cheeks colored a little, a small smile on her face. "I had been exchanging letters with Hermione ever since Rose's birthday," she revealed. "She gives me updates from time to time."

Theo nodded his head in understanding. "I see," he replied. "And yes, Draco was stupid enough to leave the Malfoy business to some buffoon to pursue his ministry dreams."

"I think that was very brave of him," she firmly repeated, looking at him with her wide, glassy eyes.

"Of course you'd think that," he shot back.

"Have you ever thought of leaving the Nott business to some buffoon and pursue your own dreams, then?" she innocently asked, and Theo felt himself stiffen with her question. He carefully schooled any emotions on his face and had absentmindedly clutched the reports on his hands tighter.

Had he ever thought of leaving the Nott business and pursue his own dreams?

Yes. "None of your business," he spat back, annoyed at the dangerous waters they were trudging on. He knew she knew how he started hating living in the Wizarding World ever since the conclusion of the Second War. Sometimes, it just annoyed him that she had gladly given up everything she believed in, everything she grew up in, to venture in the muggle world, free from anything magical.

He wanted to believe it was merely annoyance, but of course he knew that what he was feeling was pure envy. The pressure of the Nott business was admittedly bothersome, and sometimes he could not stand staying in this manor housing memories of his fanatical father and the Dark Arts he so loved.

Perhaps, he should follow Draco and purchase some lovely flat to finally call home. And apply to the ministry.

"I'm sorry," Luna surprisingly said. "I didn't mean to bring out the wrackspurts again."

In spite of himself, Theo laughed. "Would you believe me if I tell you your beloved wrackspurts aren't real?" he thought, secretly relieved that Luna's oddness made him marginally better.